Ive heard rumours that the TS-808 Ibanez Tubescreamers are true bypass but the TS-9 are not. I was just wondering because i am looking to upgrade my overdrive pedal to something a little more organic and nicer-sounding. Am i reading right so far? Just for verification. And also are the modern TS-808 reissues true bypass or only the older models? I also have another important question and i dont wanna spam GG&A like most people do with multiple threads. I have been experimenting with the arrangement of my pedals lately and i am soon to build a custom pedalboard. So what would be the best arrangement? I have a Digitech Whammy IV, Boss Super Chorus, Boss DD-3, MXR EVH Phase 90, Crybaby wah, Boss Turbo Overdrive and a Boss Volume pedal. Soon to be an ISP Decimator. Could you suggest a nice arrangement that will sound great and will be able to be accomodated on a pedalboard? By the way i am a pedal ***** and i know all the standard rules like modulation in the effects loop, overdrive in front of amp andnoise gates, which are on the end of the chain excluding reverb and delay. I currently have a true-bypassable effects loop and my setup is currently:

[start fx loop]---->wah--->phaser---->chorus--->whammy---->delay---->[end fx loop]

guitar---->overdrive----->volume---->amp

Thanx for your help and advice. Appreciate it
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
OK im not sure about Ibanez Pedals but Maxon is the company that makes them and they broke off of Ibanez a couple of years ago and made there own company and the Maxon OD-9 is awesome it is a upgraded TS-9 and it is true bypass i suggest you look into it

As to your chain i wouldnt run the Wah or Whammy through the FX loop

Start FX Loop-->phaser-->chorus-->delay-->End

Guitar-->Wah-->Whammy-->Volume-->OD-->Amp
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
OK im not sure about Ibanez Pedals but Maxon is the company that makes them and they broke off of Ibanez a couple of years ago and made there own company and the Maxon OD-9 is awesome it is a upgraded TS-9 and it is true bypass i suggest you look into it

Cheers for that, I've been reading about OD pedals for my JCM2000 and the OD-9 is the one I now want, not only true bypass but it also uses that good chip only found on some earlier TS-9's.

IncubusMan999 do some googling on the Maxon OD-9 and I'm sure like me you'll find it an easy choice.
i kjnow about the maxon and would love one bit it is quite pricey here in australia, if youre lucky enough to find them! but ill do some research on the Maxon even though i have already, but ill se if i can find one in Australia. Thanks for the advice Syn. With the loop, i usually run my wah and my whammy through it because they are modulation effects, and i can have them on as well as my phaser and chorus at the same time and flick them all off with the touch of one button with my bypassable effects loop. Plus it is convenient to reach everything and i want the stuff in front to be as bypassable as possible, the wah nor the whammy is true bypass. But ill give your suggestion a shot. Thanks
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
geez i been looking for an hour, thanks for the help.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
whats the big difference between the ts-808 and the ts-9?
why is the 808 way more expensive?
JAMONE
It is supposed to be better with different chips its OD is a little smoother but its not true bypass like the OD-9 is i prefer the OD-9 just better all around i think why the 808 is more expensive i have no idea
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
The TS-9 is not true bypass, The TS-808 is. The TS-808 is also a vintage re-issue, and vintage re-issue stuff means coughing up the big bucks
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM