Page 1 of 2
what do ya think of a gibson
Last edited by Unreal T at Jul 26, 2006,
dude if it is a gibson it is already a nice guitar
do you know if it is a custom, classic, ect. would help also
-the_man
if it is a gibson it is a nice guitar, and has good quality
if it is from the 70's it might possibly be worth more due it being older if it is in mint condition
also it think if you look on the head stock it below where it says les paul in gold letter and it is writtien in cursive, it has this black plastic plague if you will saying what kind of les paul it is (custom, standard, classic) right before the nut of the guitar

-the_man
post some pictures. and yeah, if its a gibson its a great guitar
Fender Highway1 USA Stratocaster
Fender FM65R 65w amplifier
Ibanez Tubescreamer 9 Overdrive pedal
ok well i just took it out of the case n looked at the headstock n it is a custom...i believe its like a 68 or 69' ...ill take some pics once my cam charges up
Lol, a 68 or 69 custom.. Lucky mother****er. Im so jealous right now you should be glad i don't know where you live!
Pictures and a serial number would help.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
^i wish ihad something like that, without the dust. too bad im dirt poor and only going to get a 2005 epi of that in about a month.

Quote by the_man101
dude if it is a gibson it is already a nice guitar
do you know if it is a custom, classic, ect. would help also
-the_man

In my opinion your only 99 percent corect LP specials arent very nice IMO
Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art.

Tom Stoppard
well i dont know much bout guitars and it is my dads...ive only been playin a couple months and im getting more into guitars n stuff...just thought i would ask ppl what they think bout it
there overrrated in emo music and it pisses me off
My Equipment:

BC Rich Mocking Bird
Peavy EXP Raptor
Hohner Acoustic
peavy Amp
Marshell Amp
Digitech Effect Pedal
Bad Dog Distortion Pedal
Well that's certainly not a 70's Standard, it's clearly a Custom, I smell lies....
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i smell envy...
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Well I hate emo kids having Gibson Les Paul when they really don't deserve one.

Me on the otherhand..
i'd love a silver burst lp...damn that colour is sexy.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by joel_grieve
i smell envy...

I smell stinky Joel...
Don't be afraid to care"

i smell shampoo and conditioner...DAMN YOUR SHINY HAIR!!!
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by joel_grieve
i smell shampoo and conditioner...DAMN YOUR SHINY HAIR!!!

Haha! And I don't have emo hair!
Don't be afraid to care"

his hair isn't emo its perfect

still i smell envy...
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
^Yea, envy from you!
*Waves hair around*
Don't be afraid to care"

dammit. i can't grow long hair, my hair is way too thick. i get dreads...well i get DREAD. one solitary dread...
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
meh, I'm not envious, I don't like the colour+binding effect on a Custom.
Those '59 Reissue LP's on the other hand are the shizzle!

R_H_C_P: good for you your hair isn't emo! you'd have to go cry in a corner if it was
Last edited by JorisBlack at Jul 27, 2006,
To threadstarter: That guitar is probably worth caboozles!! You need to get it to a guitar shop and get them to instruct you on how to clean it properly, and learn to take better care of that instrument, coz its vintage man. You could probably fetch several thousand dollars if you cleaned it up.
Quote by Cmogi10
335's are pure sex

BTW: That is a very nice Les Paul
Well it doesn't look like it's in that great of shape, but im sure if you buffed it up a little it'd be beautiful. Can't go wrong with a custom Les Paul.
ok so i bought this guitar for like $250 (used (from Guitar Center) ), it says Les Paul Custom and looks exactly like the guitar that was pictured, except the design in between the tuners is different, and it reads Cortez instead of Gibson. Are there tons of Gibson clones out there? What's the deal with this guitar? How much better sounding is an actual Gibson? I'll stop the massive flurry of questions....
Quote by mlh3789
ok so i bought this guitar for like $250 (used (from Guitar Center) ), it says Les Paul Custom and looks exactly like the guitar that was pictured, except the design in between the tuners is different, and it reads Cortez instead of Gibson. Are there tons of Gibson clones out there?

Yes. A ton of clones.
The sound difference? Depends who you ask.
Page 1 of 2