alright, i had my ibanez grx20 on blue and want to paint to black.

so i sanded the whole body, then i bought duplicolor spray cans and spray the body...all i've got is a horrible paint job!!

i was thinking about another way to cover the body (not paint) to get black color, maybe some stickers or something like that.

do you know where can i get the body for a paint job (like a factory finish), a website or which kind of person would do the job?
ibanez rg370dx (Crunchlab/Area 58/Liquifire)
ibanez rgr320ex (EMG 81/85)
ibanez grx20 (Super 3/PAF PRO)
ibanez gsr205 bass
randall rh150 head
avatar 2x12 contemporary cab (GK-100's)
boss GT8
ibanez weeping demon wah
line 6 ux1
I have never seen a good paint job out of a can ! i see those websites that sell kits, or tell you how . I myself have used automotive paint ~ seems to do a fine job !
dude, give that guitar to me, and i'd paint it really nice... i can even do those like cool looking jobs where its like black, but its like clouds of black, with slight white background, you know, so it looks like black that's emitting light? yea... you wish you could paint as good as me.
did you sand it to bare wood where you can see the wood grain? if you did you'd have to spray it down with sealer, followed with primer, then your color paint, ending with tons of coats of clear coat.
LSD

"Member #5 of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM AK Guitarist to join."
I've seen pro's do some pretty good can jobs. It was a some volkswagon car they were doing. They put the cans in warm water to increase the pressure, and they had about 40 cans or something. The job looked really even fairly good quality. But they did know what they were doing.

There are other reasons why your paint job might've looked bad. You might've been spraying too close, too far. You might've not sprayed evenly, you might've been using the wrong kind of paint. I'm sure you can get a fairly decent paint job out of a can. You might need to have the right paint and the right technique though.

Then again, i'm not a painting expert.
maybe a guy that repairs and repaints fine furnitures would help me?
ibanez rg370dx (Crunchlab/Area 58/Liquifire)
ibanez rgr320ex (EMG 81/85)
ibanez grx20 (Super 3/PAF PRO)
ibanez gsr205 bass
randall rh150 head
avatar 2x12 contemporary cab (GK-100's)
boss GT8
ibanez weeping demon wah
line 6 ux1