Hey. So I'm convinced that No-Ca$h is one of the most amazing bands ever. Anyway, in a LOT of their songs, they do this weird thing with the guitar(s) that kinda sounds like a siren and it's really really high pitched and I wanna know how to do it. I don't know if I need some kind of effects pedal or some special distortion or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated with this.

Thanks a lot.
From your description it sounds like its a Pinch Harmonic.

No need for pedals, it can be done easily (ok not easily when you're trying to learn it, it can be quite hard to get down perfectly, but once you know how it's easy), just jut out your thumb a bit and strike the string at a certain angle, depending on the fret you're fretting, you will have to strike the string in question at a certain point on the bridge. Just experiment and you'll get it. Also, thicker picks help (1.5mm and 2.0mm) VERY MUCH, trust me on this, and if you have active pickups well then you'll prob. get them on the first try.

here: http://www.cyberfret.com/techniques/harmonics/pinch/index.php
Last edited by cptazad at Jul 24, 2006,
yeah...^pinch harmonics in Homelife is a Drag...as far as i know they use them alot...get Johnny Nalpalm in here. he could probably help
they use a lot of octaves, just dropping the fifth on a powerchord, beyond that, I dont know much about them instrument wise. Although, I do know quite a bit about them...
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
they do alot of the same things as leftovercrack so if you look at how they play more or less you can get an idea also
"This one goes out to the crippled kids its called im still standing" seth putnam
Quote by hardrock1315
Where the **** have you been?

me?
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
Zack! I havent seen you in ages man.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"