I have a very nice Crate cab that weighs a sh*tload. I've been having to carry it everywhere and now its getting on my nerves. I would like to install wheels on the bottom. I'm pretty sure that its an easy no brain install. I' think I'm just gonna go to home depot and get some fairly nice solid wheels that bolt on. I was just wondering if anyone has done this before and has any tips? What wheel size should I go with? Should I do it at all?
Get castor wheels, look aroudn at other cabs on the market and see wat kind of wheels they have.

shouldn't be too hard, just a bit of drilling and screwing.
anything above 6" should work...i recommend 4 swivel locking casters that you fill with air or are solid....anything rubber....stay away from the plastic wheels with the metal around them...they don't last long.

i have done much work with casters and the #1 mistake people make is getting casters that are too small and when they mount them up and put loads on them the wheels don't turn easily and your putting too much work into rolling an amp all around.

i was thinking of doing this for my 75 pound KX1200 amp.
Quote by moody07747
anything above 6" should work...i recommend 4 swivel locking casters that you fill with air or are solid....anything rubber....stay away from the plastic wheels with the metal around them...they don't last long.

i have done much work with casters and the #1 mistake people make is getting casters that are too small and when they mount them up and put loads on them the wheels don't turn easily and your putting too much work into rolling an amp all around.

i was thinking of doing this for my 75 pound KX1200 amp.

6" sounds Effin huge I was thinkin around 4", but my cab is very heavy. How about drillin into that puppy... I'm so scared that I'll mess up drill a wrong hole and have my baby be scarred for life.
you don't even need that. just check for the weight limit on the casters. they should be on the package somewhere. the little ones can be pretty dang strong.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I want it to be pretty easy to roll. I guess I just want something real solid and not shakey