Ok so i basically memorized the note to the neck of the guitar...I used this
But Yesterday this Teacher was trying to Explain to me how to use the notes is music and he wrote them down for me (not knowing i have this) but where this Pic shows the A# he used a Bb...So now im confused was he wrong or is this pic wrong?
Yea basically they are the same sounding note, two different names. Same with erm
C#=Db
D#=Eb
F#=Gb
G#=Ab

^Yea i have seen a pic of a piano but that dosent mean i know the notes...but thx to everyone els
Don't pay attention to the numbers or roman numerals, just look at the names.

See how you can start on A, then # it (go up a half step) and land on A#? Remember that note.
See how you can start on B, then b it (go down a half step) and land on Bb? It's the same note as A#, but the different names are used at different times.
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
O ok now i see But...why 2 name for the same notes?

Dose it have something to do with Key signatures
Yes it does.

In a scale, there is only supposed to be one type of each note/letter. So, lets take F major for example.

This is how you write it: 

F G A [b]Bb[/b] C D E F

Notice how there is only one of each note.

You [b]would not[/b] write it like this:

F G A [b]A#[/b] C D E F

Now, let's try G major.

This is how you write it:

G A B C D E [b]F#[/b] G

Again, each letter note is only used once.

[b]Not[/b] like this:

G A B C D E [b]Gb[/b] G

There are two variations of the note G, so you wouldn't write it like that. You can also tell what scales get sharps or flats when you use the circle of fifths. If you go clockwise, the key signatures have sharps (up to a certain point of course), and if you go counter-clockwise, they get flats (again, up to a certain point).

Just remember, each letter note is only used once.

-KR
Last edited by kirbyrocknroll at Jul 24, 2006,