Hey fellow guitar players, im in need of a new rig, my Ibanez sz320 just aint cutting it for me any more, im a Metal player (lamb of god, metallica, Pantera, slayer) kinda guy and im looking for a Rig (Guitar, Combo/halfstack) taking some ideas, so price aint really an issue, nearest guitar store to me has just about any guitar you can name, + layaway so any suggestions on a kick ass guitar to profill my metal needs would be helpful
guitar = ESP M-II neck thru model not the bolt on since i dont like their heels
amp = framus cobra head and cab
effects = damage control solid metal

now lets actually be serious cos we all know you have a budget. so whats your budget mate
Guitar - ESP's are perfect for metal
Amp - Krank's are good
Pedal's - The Krank Distortus Maximus Pedal
Member #6 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
budget would be useful...i could suggest lots of stuff, but most too expensive.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Look into the Schecter C1 Hellraiser. You'll love it
Celtic FootballClub1888
^+1

or the hellraiser FR.

its amazing. as for the amp, if money isn't really a problem... bogner ubserschall
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.
Quote by punk_mike_88

Amp - Krank's are good

Personally i think there balls sound like a big fat kids sitting in front of them.

esps are gd yes but for an amp how about a laney gh? or a peavey 6505+?

Or if you really got the cash to splash to hell with it and get a mesa boogie road king.
Schecter Hellraiser

Mesa Boogie or 5150

Some nice rack effects
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
since you have no budget im just gonna make it as expensive as i can..

Guitar: Custom Schecter with all the bells and whistles
Amp: Bogner Uberschall stack
Effects: All
Go get your shovel.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
stop offering crappy schecters. The ESP and Jacksons and Ibanez are way better than schecter in everyway....!!!!

Oh btw get a ESP with emg81s and a nice mesa head and cab.
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
my idea is still best. or at least, most expensive.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
at previous post.

Look at what your favourite players play - you like Pantera, try some Washburn Dimebolts or Razorbacks. You like Metallica, try some ESPs.

Personally I really like Jackson RRs, because they've got an amazing lead tone and that beautiful Jackson neck.

Of course, you could always buy a B C Rich Warlock ... *flees*
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
id say an ibanez prestige RG. a mesa boogie of some sort, and i rlly dont know any effects, maybe heavey metal by boss or sumtin, i dunno may brands
Quote by azn_guitarist25
guitar = ESP M-II neck thru model not the bolt on since i dont like their heels
amp = framus cobra head and cab
effects = damage control solid metal

now lets actually be serious cos we all know you have a budget. so whats your budget mate

Smart. Listen to him.
Quote by Pretty much everyone else
Dumb advice

Not smart. Don't listen to them.
just buy anything from my setup
Quote by a6l6e6x1
hahaha "sexism the ultimate humour" a6l6e6x, 2008

My gear:
Kramer Custom Made from 1986
Framus Manhattan
Phaiga Hybrid H1
Ibanez RGT220A
Ibanez RG305DX
Framus Dragon Top
Custom Cab with 6 Celestion G12H Speakers
esp ex-400

some engl amp
**** loadsa effects
ibanez rg 270

spider III 210
You're really wanting to spend it all on gear?
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Perfect Nu-metal tone:
Mesa Dual Rectifier
Something with SD Invaders (I've always thought Nu-metal is on the muddy side).
EDIT: I have no clue why I got on Nu metal tone .
ENGL Powerball
Gibson SG Standard

thatll be around $3500 plus you gotta buy a cab so thatll be about $4300, spend the rest on whatever effects you want.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jul 25, 2006,
first ts try out as many guitars as your possibly can then you wanna find your guitar and then lastly you wanna get effects for sure
I love my ESP EX-50, though the pickups arent great (I'm replacing them with EMG 81s). The body feels good and the fretboard is nice. If you've got a budget, you could go for one of the more expensive models (the EX-260 (i think) or the EX-400 (i think)).
i would definetly recommend esp's, theyr really good metal guitars. The schecter c-1 hellraiser is also really good. jacksons are really really good metal guitars, they get that very crunchy metal tone and distortion. as far as amps, i would say mesa boogie dual rectifier. theyr not too expensive either especially for how good they sound. hope that helps
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
Any ideas of what kind of sound you are going for by the way? Besides Lamb of God, Metallica, Pantera, Slayer. Those are all pretty different tones....
Yeah, your not going to nail all of those tones with one amp, Dimes tone (in pantera) was bright and tight, like an Engl Powerball would be, Metallica's tone is dark and on the loose side, like a dual recto would get you.
Metallica uses a lot of scratchy distortion, too. I feel I get pretty good sound with my Boss Metal Zone MT-2. But, if you have the money and the option, you should experiment. And if you have the time, you can just hang out at a Guitar Center or Sam Ash or w/e and try out different pedals on different amps to see which combo you like the best.
Quote by CodySG
You're really wanting to spend it all on gear?

I know right? If I had $6000 I would spend less than half of it on gear and save the rest. Unless you're planning on becoming a rockstar, you should save some cash.
Quote by El Codyo
Perfect Nu-metal tone:
Mesa Dual Rectifier
Something with SD Invaders (I've always thought Nu-metal is on the muddy side).
EDIT: I have no clue why I got on Nu metal tone .

Invaders suck IMO.
What I was thinking lol. I can understand like $3000 max, but that's mainly on like a really nice amp set up.
Quote by CodySG
What I was thinking lol. I can understand like $3000 max, but that's mainly on like a really nice amp set up.

A really nice amp can make a decent guitar sound awesome. Well not even. Lets say you spend $2500 on an amp, that would get you a pretty good one.

$2500 amp
$750 Ibanez = ownage
$500 ish on all the effects you want

You still have $2250 left if my math is correct.