i have a mex strat with the humbucker at the bridge... just replaced it with a seymour duncan 59...and the neck pickup with a SD hotrail (mini humbucker thing).. any suggestions for the middle pick up?

i like to play pretty much everything.. from some metal to rock to some blues/funky type stuff

ah and i am new at this .. first new thread for me.. so if its in the wrong place or whatever just let me know
DiMarzio HS-2 or HS-3. I have a strat with:

neck:HS-3
Middle:HS-2
Bridge:HS-3. All are pretty nice and noise canceling.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
I had the HS-3 in a Strat in all three positions positions at one time or another and I wasn't that impressed by it. The treble is really rolled off, so it doesn't have any brightness or sparkle at all. There are other options out there. It looks like you already have your gain pickup with the Hotrails. You can look into DiMarzio Virtual Vintage or Virtual Blues, or Seymour Duncan Duckbucker. Or you can throw in another 'Lil 59 if you like that sound. The Cool Rails is another choice. It'll give you tones between the 59 and the Hot Rails.
Hi, I'm Peter
yah..my teachers guitar hes uses for lessons has a little 59and i really like that sound...
is there any advantages/disadvantages to having 2 mini humbuckers and 1 normal humbucker in a strat?
Quote by bvoets14
is there any advantages/disadvantages to having 2 mini humbuckers and 1 normal humbucker in a strat?

Not really. Pure personal preference. I have a Strat with a H-H-H configuration, the middle H being a stacked humbucker (the DiMarzio Chopper). Volume and tone-wise, it keeps up well with my 2 full size humbuckers, which are PRS's. If you put in a full-size, though, don't expect to get anything resembling the traditional Strat sound. Some stacked humbuckers can almost fake it, though, like the '59 or Duckbucker.
Hi, I'm Peter