-1-2-3-4-2-3-4-5-3-4-5-6-4-5-6-7--Down the fretboard

I'm using all down strokes. IS this helping me? And suggestions?
...When you decide to wake up..
try with alternate picking. no one can tell you what works for you but you.
Everything you do will help you as long as you play the notes while steadily counting 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4, striking a note on each count. Then try adding in notes, for instance, count 1 -and-2-and-3-and-4, making sure the counting matches the first pattern with the extra "and' included. Add a note on the "and". If you kept counting at the same speed, you'll now be playing twice as fast in the same rhythm. Try switching back and forth and so on.

Then learn the C-major scale. Scales seem hard at first, but once you memorize them its a lot more fun to play because the notes sound better together. Here is the scale....

E------------------------
B------------------------
G--------------2-4-5-----
D------2-3-5-------------
A-3-5--------------------
E------------------------

Once you've got this pattern down, move the first note (the "3" on the A string) to the fifth fret and play the same pattern. (it will go A string 5-7, Dstring 4-5-7, GString (my favorite) 4-6-7.)
Wham!!! You just played the D major scale....notice a pattern?

I would have to say that Simple Plans guitarist is better than Dimebag
If you're trying to improve your downpicking and are playing it with awareness and concentration, then yeah - it's helping you improve your downpicking. Try playing it with a metronome and you'll be improving your downpicking and timing at the same time.

Whether or not it's helping is a really personal thing though, no-one can tell over the internet, it depends on whether or not you feel it's improving your technique... but in most cases, if stuff like that is practiced correctly, it works.
Thank guys. I don't own a metronome.

And it had to be sigged for stupidity.
...When you decide to wake up..