ok i just want to know witch do you think is the best distortion pedal and why?
includ the price please.

oh and overdrive pedals as well

thanx
I like the BOSS DS-2

Pretty good, nice crunch and very versitile, sounds good when backed with a muff or fuzz!

Not sure of the price! Can't remember
The THD uni/bivalve is an awsome overdrive pedal, gives actual authentic tube driven overdrive. Its about $700-$800.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone - $89.99

simply... the best. dont go line 6 if you are thinking it. Either the MT or the Metal Master by Digitech.
*Two Things To Remember*
1.) You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter

2.) A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer
ds-1 is the classic one, anything else is just ripping that off
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Quote by Funky P
The THD uni/bivalve is an awsome overdrive pedal, gives actual authentic tube driven overdrive. Its about $700-$800.

eeeehhhhh pricy
Any nominations for the Hot Head Distortion from Digi? I haven't had the chance to blow it up so idk how well it works. $49.99 -- so far all i've heard was good things from it.

Otherwise go with DS-2...
Crit 4 Crit:
Melodic Death--Broken Mortal
Melodic Death--Lost in the Wind
Thrash--Inner Demons

Quote by societies_worm
the sad thing is not only is this guy a dumbass, but he is going to get more replies than i ever have, but thats is funny too
MT-2 Metal Zone by BOSS is mine so far, cause you can really adjust your sound. That one plus the DS-1 Distortion, cause you get a really good classic rock sound.
Though I Am Only Here To Do One Thing, I Do Not Regret Being Born Into This World.
I bought a line 6 Dr. Distorto and I think it's awesome. I got it new for $50 bucks. You can get an array of sounds out of it, it can also serve as a sustains pedal... I'd check it out!
I don't know why everyone loves the MetalZone so much, but I think its crap IMO...very thin harsh tone. I'd say the Electro Harmonix Metal Muff, but I just recently tried out the Rocktron Silver Dragon, an I love it. Also, I've heard nothing but good things about the Krank Distortus Maximus.
Quote by atticus_08
I bought a line 6 Dr. Distorto and I think it's awesome. I got it new for $50 bucks. You can get an array of sounds out of it, it can also serve as a sustains pedal... I'd check it out!

50$ CAN or US
US $'s, but I got it on the 4th of July, so it might have been a special deal... It's one of the best sounding and most versatile pedal I've heard. I have a tough time finding what I like because I'm very picky, most distortion pedals didn't put out enough volume, but this gives you more than you need. Another suggestion it a digi tech Distortion factory, it has a lot of sounds you can get, but for some reason that Line 6 sounds amazing.
Quote by prisonofreason
I don't know why everyone loves the MetalZone so much, but I think its crap IMO...very thin harsh tone. I'd say the Electro Harmonix Metal Muff, but I just recently tried out the Rocktron Silver Dragon, an I love it. Also, I've heard nothing but good things about the Krank Distortus Maximus.

Rocktron Silver Dragon!! Awesome Tube distortion pedal - turned my hunk of crap amp into a metal monster!!! I've heard the MXR doubleshot is pretty flash - also look at some tonebones (but they're kinda pricey)

The Metal Zone is Ok and the general rule is - you get what you pay for......

Haven't heard the electro or the Krank I'm afraid...

Silver Dragon is $120 US from any major retailer but is much cheaper on ebay.

But listen to sound clips on websites, and you have to try them out with your rig coz they'll sound different - so pick a few that interest you and if you can - go and try them all out!

Hope that helped,

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Digitech DF-7 for $100 US.

It has all the pedals you guys mentioned, the DS-1 (I totally disagree with you, wingedgopher), EHX Big Muff Pi, Metal Zone. My favorite would happen to be the Pro Co. Rat model.
my favorite 2 pedals:

Boss MT-2, $100, GREAT metal tone and sustain
Digitech Hot Head, $50 [or $40, can't remember] great punk rock distortion yet i can mess with the eq and get a nice metal lead going on
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Quote by prisonofreason
I don't know why everyone loves the MetalZone so much, but I think its crap IMO...very thin harsh tone.

Thank you.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
i love my keeley BD-2 and rat, $150 each
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
i have the behringer (if that how it spelt) od/distortion pedal, i think it pretty good for the price, got mine for £15 in a guitar shop.
Beggles

Quote by the humanity

if he does not post pics, he obviously has installed a pickup and bridge on his house broom for some brutal sweep picking.

I'd check out keeley's modded pedals. I've got the boss overdrive modded by him and i think the mods were worth the extra bucks. (i think the pedal was still under 150)
Quote by prisonofreason
I don't know why everyone loves the MetalZone so much, but I think its crap IMO...very thin harsh tone.

Well, somebody had to say it.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?