My sustain dies. I have an Aria Pro II MA-30, playing through a Marshall AC30 with Venom cables. I never noticed it that much, and it sounds fine unplugged, but I was just playing the seize the day solo by Avenged Sevenfold and vibratoing some bends but they just seemed to fizzle out to nothing in no more than a second. I guess I only really noticed because I then changed to a Tanglewood Les Paul which I hardly ever play but it has great sustain, but not as good as my Aria in another parts. I cant remember if it is a sudden thing that is happening to the Aria, as the electrics inside need some work mainly tightening. Either way is there anything I can do to increase sustain, I have a Zoom 606 II I sometimes use but are pedals any good for sustain, could I try putting up my gain/bass/reverb on the amp?

Thanks
Originally posted by Meths
You need serious amounts of therapy.

Quote by jagstang270
One should not try to masturbate while Dragoneforce is in the background
you just can't keep up.

Quote by waylay00
DragonForce? Sounds like some early 90's children's cartoon or action hero lineup.
Raising your action a bit might help. Other than that, a compressor may also give you a bit more sustain. If all else fails, buy an E-Bow.
Hi, I'm Peter
check to see if your action is too low, hitting another fret is the number one killer of sustain, even if it doesn't buzz.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Ahhhh I have recently lowered my action significantly
Originally posted by Meths
You need serious amounts of therapy.

Quote by jagstang270
One should not try to masturbate while Dragoneforce is in the background
you just can't keep up.

Quote by waylay00
DragonForce? Sounds like some early 90's children's cartoon or action hero lineup.
some guitars just have less sustain in general. theres a hundred different factors that go into that, including stiffness of wood, wood type, bridge type, scale, neck joint, nut, etc. pickups also have a bit to do with it, you could try lowering your pickups some, and raising the gain on your amp/effect whatever. also try compression, it will give some more sustain, but its not really natural sounding, and it'll change your pick attack. sometimes delay will make it seem like youre sustaining longer.
lots of badly made guitars just have dead spots in some parts of the fretboard, usually above the 12th fret, where they just dont sustain at all.

edit: hope raising your action helps
Last edited by flogrock at Jul 24, 2006,
yeah like my sustain dies out on the 24th fret on the high e where my ****ty warlock holds it so much better..... 0.o
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Wouldn't the 24th fret be the last fret and therefore have no frets in front of it to kill the sustain?
Hi, I'm Peter
Just a quick thing which i doubt is the cause, does the amp have some sort of noise reducer?

My idiot brother turned mine about half way up and it took me about 4 days to realise
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by fronkpies
Just a quick thing which i doubt is the cause, does the amp have some sort of noise reducer?

My idiot brother turned mine about half way up and it took me about 4 days to realise

Well atleast he didn't get you banned from the forums
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer