Is it possible? The closest I've seen is buckethead using one of his thumbs. I tried, but I play classical and shred, so my thumbnail got in the way. Non opposible thumbs would help in this case...
PM me and I will tell you a story.
Story told to: pickledyam, drevil814, syyz1,Volkl, no_username, fronkpies, priest.fan, skeptopotamus, rathmusbass, STFU(its)JERRY, Johnljones7443, Punk_Dude2005,cokeisbetter, Tenacious_dex, guitarmonkey4...Total:30
I don't really see the point in using that many fingers, really. If you can't do what you want with 8 fingers, then you've probably got something that sounds like **** anyway.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Sometimes I doubt the use of 8 fingers because I often think less could be used but doing something with your thumb can hardly beat the same movement with another finger.

EDIT: Technique thread?
Why/When the **** would would you need to 10-finger tap anyway

I'm sorry, but I just can't fathom the concept of a need to 10-finger tap.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Only reason I could see someone wanting to do a ten finger tap is to make a bassline and create a melody over the top with the other eight fingers.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Well obviously if u wanna show off you HAVE to use 10-finger tapping!!!
Quote by metalmonsterr
The first time i heard about Granny Sluts 16 on DVD i was like OMG AWESOME.I feel like they made it just for me, then after i saw it the black granny at the end just makes me feel really awkward and depressed
Well, on a standard guitar it seems really pointless...

If u really (and I mean honestly wanna use all 10 digits), get a chapman stick. It's meant for that kinda thing where u play a bass line with one hand and a melody line with the other. However, they're not easy to come by...

It seems more respectable than doing it on a 6-string guitar imo.
Quote by andrewbiles
Only reason I could see someone wanting to do a ten finger tap is to make a bassline and create a melody over the top with the other eight fingers.

Yea I think that's the idea.

If anyone does it, I'm pretty sure it'd be Buckethead (I think I heard somewhere that he has done it a few times.)

Doesn't Adam Fulara use all ten?
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
Quote by SuburbanCowboy

Thumbs man, thumbs.

no bad memories there...
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
Quote by apocalypse13
Yea I think that's the idea.

If anyone does it, I'm pretty sure it'd be Buckethead (I think I heard somewhere that he has done it a few times.)

Doesn't Adam Fulara use all ten?

I don't think he uses his right thumb.

And yeah, this really should be in the technique thread, thanks for pointing it out ILoveHarmonics.

*Closed*
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.