hey guys.

I have a cort x-6 (two humbuckers and 1 single) and it buzzes real bad when in posistion 2 3 4 of a 5 way switch and when i change the push/pull pot to make posistion 1 and 5 single coils. Could anybody tell me what is the problem so I know what to fix.

Thanks.
Current playing with:
Cort x-6 -->Laney HCM65R

On Zakk Wylde's guitar.
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Quote by Joey Walker
Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps
it might not be grounded properly, but its hard to tell from an internet discription.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
With your coil tap, it's because it's in single coil mode. Single coils, by themselves, hum. You still won't be able to cancel the hum in just the 1 and 5 position with coil splitting. Your middle pickup probably isn't reverse polarity, so it's not going to cancel hum in the 2, 3, and 4 positions. You should reverse your hot and ground, see if that works. If not, then it's just because you're using a regular single coil with a humbucker. To put it as simply as possible, the two magnetic fields of one polarity won't be canceled out by just one field of a different polarity. So if you reverse the polarity and the hum doesn't go away, you'll have to get a stacked humbucker to stop the humming.

And shielding your electronics cavity doesn't hurt, either.
Hi, I'm Peter
k thanks, i understood about the polarity thing before but as my guitar is fairly new i thought it would be reserve wound, will have an experiment about with it somtime thanks guys.
Current playing with:
Cort x-6 -->Laney HCM65R

On Zakk Wylde's guitar.
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Quote by Joey Walker
Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps