I'm looking to buy another guitar and I want something that will play metal and shred well. The models I was looking at so far were:

- Ibanez S470
- Jackson RR3, Soloist and Dinky
- Schecter C1 of some sort

My only requirements are that it has a Floyd Rose or similar bridge because I intend to abuse it. Also, I prefer a dual humbicker pickup configuration since I find a middle pickup messes up my picking hand position and technique. I was just wondering what sorts of opinions any of you have on these guitars of if there are some you would recommend that I put on this list.

Thanks all!
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
what's wrong with ESPs or deans?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Absolutely nothing. I just don't have an personally experience with them. But if you could recommend a model around the price range of the others I was looking at that would be great.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
what's your budget?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
A lot of guys around here like Ibanez RG's for shred. I haven't played one though and don't shred so I can't say personally but you might want to look into those.
My Gear:

Guitars
Squier Affinity Stratocaster w/ SD Hot Rails (Bridge)
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Amps
Peavey Studio Pro 112
VOX AD50VT Valvetronix
Ross Fame Series Bass 50

Effects
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay
Budget is about $600-1000CDN

Also, what are some of the main differences in bridges (ie Floyd Rose vs. ZR etc.) and in some of the pickups (EMG 60, 81, 85 vs. passives).
Gibson SG Special Ebony
sorry to talk offtopic here...and i don't mean to bash, but droquen...just wondering...why do you use a squier?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
if there is a bridge that says "licensed floyd rose" it is made by the company who makes the guitar, and is cheaper than the "official floyd rose"
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
^ I use it because I don't have enough money to upgrade and at the moment I'm looking to upgrade my amp before my guitar as I'm relatively satisfied with it and an amp will shape my tone far more than a guitar would.
My Gear:

Guitars
Squier Affinity Stratocaster w/ SD Hot Rails (Bridge)
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Amps
Peavey Studio Pro 112
VOX AD50VT Valvetronix
Ross Fame Series Bass 50

Effects
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay
Quote by teamzaius
Budget is about $600-1000CDN

Also, what are some of the main differences in bridges (ie Floyd Rose vs. ZR etc.) and in some of the pickups (EMG 60, 81, 85 vs. passives).

Im not to sure about the floyd and zr i probably know jus cant remember

but the difrence between emg actives and passive pickups is that they use a battery to power them they get a much more metaly high output sound. However you really need a good all tube amp to really get the best out of them or they just wont sound as they should.
Is there a huge difference between licensed floyd rose and original floyd rose? I heard that the original are better. Also, could one fit an original in place of a licensed one as an aftermarket mod without having to modify the body cavity?
Gibson SG Special Ebony
i think the official gets better tone and i think the licensed wears out after awhile

i'm really sure you could change them out, though i have never done it, it looks like i can...but i'm not positive!
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Look into the Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR's. Incredible, Incredible guitars that come with OFR's and Active EMG's as standard.
Celtic FootballClub1888
^^^ the originals are normaly better than a liscenced theyre just meant to be the best build quality i think more sustain as so forth. and yes i think you could fit one in without modifying the body
^sometimes you may need to make some slight changes in order to make it fit. The manufacturers sometimes try to make it difficult to upgrade a guitar so that its better to just buy a new one.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
The ZR trem uses ball bearings instead of knife edges, and returns to pitch better and is smoother apparently. It's a good trem.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I'd say s470. Uses the same neck as most RG's, has a good tremolo, the body is thin and light, all around good guitar.