They're metalcore. Look it up on wikipedia, I guarantee it will say they are.

Implements Of Destruction is their best song, IMO.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
Quote by Craigo
^^^ Then what else would they be?

The impossiblity of reason is on the Nu Metal recommendation list.

I wouldn't trust the Nu-Metal forum for anything. Besides, I'm sure they're metalcore.

Anyways, I used to love Chimaira. Now I think they're okay - their songs aren't awfully creative or anything mind-blowing, but they're angry enough. I liked that song that Mark Hunter did the vox on on the RoadRunner United album. "The Enemy" I think it was.

I like Mark's vox. The band is okay.
The aren't nu metal and neither are hardcore they are heavy ****ing metal and they are the best of it right now!!!
Quote by LightningboltX
The aren't nu metal and neither are hardcore they are heavy ****ing metal and they are the best of it right now!!!

*pats on head*

it doesn't matter aslong as you like the band, not the genre its in.

anyway, chimaira are ok. some songs are VERY meh. but listenable.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I think they are great musicians but, lack a bit of creativity personaly. The first album sounded like Korn, second sounded like sepultura.....mind you Jason Hager (ex chiaira now years of fire) is a friend of mine so this isn't a bashing...they are very skilled and fun but, not refreshing really.
aweful band, dont belong anywhere near the hardcore forum
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
Quote by hXcMacbeth3

Yeah, they aren't hardcore anyway, they're "metalcore" so i was wondering the same thing really....
oh p.s., for whoever used wikipedia.com as their source of evidence that chimaira is metalcore...wikipedia is about the most unreliable place to find facts out there, anyone can put whatever they want on there, i could go right now and type an article about how the beatles were grindcore, but would that make it true? no

ok im done
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
Quite humerous how all the people who say they don't belong on ehre are actually regulars on these boards :P:

Why hasn't this been moved yet? I definately wouldn't consider them metalcore. The drumming, the guitars... It just doesn't into there very well.
i know people that call them death metal just because kevin talley was in the band genres are retarded neway they put on a good live show though iv seen them twice they get better each time.
Quote by hXcMacbeth3

^

Quote by Charlatan_001
Wikipedia isn't THAT bad...
^

Quote by LightningboltX

lol
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Quote by killinyourkind
i know people that call them death metal just because kevin talley was in the band genres are retarded neway they put on a good live show though iv seen them twice they get better each time.

Actually - I got a pass them on emails. This one works out what music you like for you (wow, thanks for that)

You have to tick off the bands you like. And they're in genre. I hate forwards so much. But - I found the death metal list rather humerous:

DEATH METAL
[ ] Chimaira
[ ] Soulfly
[ ] Hatebreed
[ ] Children Of Bodom
[ ] Cannibal Corpse
[ ] Arch Enemy
[ ] Morbid Angel
[ ] In Flames