that's an Am power chord, make sure not to play the regular A which is this >>>>
^-- actually neither of those are power chords, but whatever.

threadstarter: think of it like this... ok the notes in order are A A# B C C# D D# E F F# G G#. A# is also known as Bb, C# is also known as Db, D# is also known as Eb, F# is also known as Gb, and G# is also known as Ab. "#" means sharp and "b" means flat. your 6th string (thickest string) is an E. so the frets on your 6th string are the following notes:

open - E
1st - F
2nd - F#
3rd - G
4th - G#
5th - A
6th - A#
7th - B
8th - C
9th - C#
10th - D
11th - D#

then on the 12th fret it starts over again. now when you play an E major chord in open chord formation you play this:

e--0--
b--0--
g--1--
d--2--
a--2--
e--0--

so with that open E chord shape, you can play any major chord just by moving it up and down the neck and using your index finger to fret every string where the zero would be. you know which fret to put your index finger on based on what chord you want to play. your chord you listed is an A minor. so look at the notes and you'll find that an A note is found at the fifth fret on the E string. so you wanna barre all the strings at the 5th fret and then use your other fingers to make an open E major chord shape. like so:

e--5--
b--5--
g--6--
d--7--
a--7--
e--5--

now there you have an A major chord the same as:

e-----
b--2--
g--2--
d--2--
a--0--
e-----

give it a try and you should be able to hear that they are the same chords. now you want an A minor though, not an A major. to make the A minor chord in the same position (barring the 5th fret) you want to change your formation after the barre to an E minor open shape instead of an E major open shape. an E minor open chord is as follows:

e--0--
b--0--
g--0--
d--2--
a--2--
e--0--

so now take that and move it down the fretboard using your index finger on the 5th fret (since that's an A) and you'll have this:

e--5--
b--5--
g--5--
d--7--
a--7--
e--5--

there's your original chord you were asking about... which is an A minor. understand? i know that i probably did a poor job explaining this, but i was in a hurry. if you have any questions, post them and myself or somebody else will explain it further.