I have a Prs custom 22, and a dual rec with rec cab. I play in Drop C.

FIrst question, I play in Drop C so whats the best strings to use in you guys opinion.. I dont want any fret buzz and i want a good heavy sound.. I have 11's on there right now, ernie balls.

Next question, If you have a dual rec, where do u have the switch in the back? to vacumm tubes or silicon diodes? and whats the difference?

Next question, Since i play in drop c, about how high should the string be off of the frets so i can measure them and whats the best way to do this?

Next question, truss rod? Mess with it or not? and whats its big purpose?

Next QUestion... How do you have Your eq settings on your amp, I want a heavy sound but on that sounds good at the same time like clear notes... possible? probably not but what should I try...

You dont have to answer all of them hell u dont have to answer any i just want opinions and maybe a lil help
strings - 11s or 12s are probably your best bet

eq settings - for the sound you're describing, i would go low on the mids, high on the bass, and high on the treble, but not quite as high as the bass. eq bass - 8 mid - 4 treble - 6.

Your best bet is to just try things out with the knobs on your amp until you find what you like. I find that I adjust my tone atleast alittle bit every time I play. It's an unending quest sorta thing...
GHS Boomers.

As for the others im too tired to think
last question though.
depends on the amp. for most ide say a good Mid and some treble above 6
but thats just me
my amp sounds different than most :/
1.) D'Addario 11's or 12's for Drop C?but that's for me. If 11's work for you, keep them.
2.) I don't know, sorry but I'm a Laney man.
3.) Again, it doesn't matter. As long as it doesn't buzz too much but is comfortable to play, it doesn't matter what anyone else says.
4.) Don't. Google is your friend, figure it out for yourself. In other words, I don't know and I don't want to find out for you.
5.) Again, we can't tell you have to set your EQ. Find your OWN sound. Fiddle with your EQ, make it sound good to YOU.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
11's or 12's

I don't know where the switch is, but silicon gives it a tighter more metal tone and vacumm is more vintage sounding

Up to you really, it's more or less personal preferance

I've never messed with mine so I don't know

I would kind of say it depends on if you're playing with a band at high volumes and want to cut through more. I usually have my mids at moderate or high to cut more but if you're playing along you might want to scoop them, just fiddle with the EQ and find something you like
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by xxbleedsxblackx
I have a Prs custom 22, and a dual rec with rec cab. I play in Drop C.

FIrst question, I play in Drop C so whats the best strings to use in you guys opinion.. I dont want any fret buzz and i want a good heavy sound.. I have 11's on there right now, ernie balls.

Can't help you there.
Next question, If you have a dual rec, where do u have the switch in the back? to vacumm tubes or silicon diodes? and whats the difference?

Silicon diode = solid state. Just a difference in sound. Pure personal preference.

Next question, Since i play in drop c, about how high should the string be off of the frets so i can measure them and whats the best way to do this?

www.prsguitars.com will have set up info. For drop C, you'll probably need a little higher than factory to avoid buzzing. Height is usually measured around the 12th fret.

Next question, truss rod? Mess with it or not? and whats its big purpose?

Truss rod determines the amount of bow in the neck, which is important so that all frets ring properly. It also counteracts the pull of the strings. After you tune, you should do a relief measurement and determine if you need to do a truss rod adjustment.

Next QUestion... How do you have Your eq settings on your amp, I want a heavy sound but on that sounds good at the same time like clear notes... possible? probably not but what should I try...

check the amp's instruction manual at www.mesaboogie.com. They have some good starting settings. And Boogies have treble-centric EQ controls, so changes in your treble setting will make the biggest difference in your sound. They usually have extensive EQing for the different channels, so you'll be able to get whatever sound you want. Also, heavy sound a lot of times comes from pure volume and speaker excursion, not just from EQ and gain settings. People think they can EQ big sounds in or turn up the gain...you're going to get more gain and heavier sound from being able to crank the amp up more than anything else.

You dont have to answer all of them hell u dont have to answer any i just want opinions and maybe a lil help

I do what I can
Hi, I'm Peter