Page 1 of 2
Hey guys, this is my band called 'Butterfly Lovers' We have been playing for almost 2 years now.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=86541577

Endless Rerun is quiet and take a while for vocals to come in.
Stratagem is a heavy song.
Constructive criticizem please. And crit for crit.
Add us as friends if you want.
Thanks.

hope this is right forum...
Last edited by imagonaeatu at Jul 23, 2006,
this is some of the best music i've heard in the "promote your band" forum. It sounds a lot like my brother's old band. this is some cool stuff.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by nexteyenate
this is some of the best music i've heard in the "promote your band" forum. It sounds a lot like my brother's old band. this is some cool stuff.

thanks tons. by the way i play guitar we have a biassist drummer and one other guitarist who sings. If you guys want to provide any more criticism or a link for me to crit your stuff that would be cool.
Quote by imagonaeatu
If you guys want to provide a link for me to crit your stuff that would be cool.

here's a link to my bros myspace: www.myspace.com/agoozle . crit his stuff please. post ur crit in this thread.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
A lot of good writing talent for your age. Endless Rerun had a really cool mood I was really getting into...until the vocals kicked in, but I think the potential is there. Vocals just seemed flat and didn't seem to hit the notes you might have been going for. Overall, I liked it. Thought everyone was decently tight...and again, I loved the mood.

Crit4Crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399752
Thats some damn good music. I enjoyed every aspect of it. I added you as a friend to my band.
Originally posted by jallas

Ohh... you don't like pop music. Ahh I see, that must make it suck then.

Queene Anne's Revenge!
1st Song: Great guitar riffs. Drums are excellent. Going into the verse sounds good. Vocals aren't that bad either. It's a really laid back song. Great going into the faster part. Like the multiple vocals. Overall great song.

Sorry man, I only really have time to critique one right now. But keep it up. You got a great band here.
Thanks for all the nice words everyone. And to the people who asked about how we recorded our stuff... This was the first time we did recording and we did it in my drummers basement. First we all sat down and counted out all the bars for our songs and figured out the tempo and then made the click tracks on the computer. We then set up a booth thing of foam and matreses around the drums so that they didnt echo to much then we D.I'd the guitars so that you could only hear them through the head phones we were using then we played through the songs all thogether with the click and recorded the drums in a few takes. After the drums were finished we did ruff takes of vocals and one ruff take of guitars (which really should have been done before drums). These ruff takes were so we would know where we were in the song. Then we put our bassist amp in another foam/matress thingy and mic'd his amp (I don't know what mics we used but I can find out for you If needed). Bass was recordid along with the drum track playing in head phone and click. Then we mic'd my traynor in a foam box thingy and recorded with drums and bass in the headphones and click when needed. Then we D.I.'d my friends Vox and that didnt really involve any foam. After all guitars were done our singer re-did the vocals just standing there in the middle of the room with us really quiet on the computer. After that my friends Dad who liked music mixed it for us (he also helped with tons of recording ie. mic placement, eq and stuff). That was basically how we did it. Any more questions feel free to ask.

And sorry this was so long but it took a long time.
Last edited by imagonaeatu at Jul 25, 2006,
sounds pretty good. a like the genre. singing was ok too. keep it up.
I've seen emo-er.

Member of the "I am a Fan of Gaycore Wrestle-Metal" Fanclub.
Thanks for all the kind words the vocals are most likely going to be redone along with some of the bass tracks. We have 5 more songs recorded that are just being touched up. We are currently playing shows and going to make around 20 new songs then recorde all of them and cut one we dont like so it will be around 12 songs long.
Thanks for all the kind words the vocals are most likely going to be redone along with some of the bass tracks. We have 5 more songs recorded that are just being touched up. We are currently playing shows and going to make around 20 new songs then recorde all of them and cut one we dont like so it will be around 12 songs long.
Endless rerun - i love the really spaced out sound on the guitars.....nice touch, im seriously impressed with the quality of the recordings here. The vocals just came in, not bad.....not particulary my type of vocals, seem a bit too dark for the piece.....but that just may be me. the breakdown section is pretty cool, with the layered vocals......a small melodic solo might be ncie here, but again thats just me. Overall very cool song.

Stratagem - liking the opening, nice and dark sounding. The vocals i think are more suiting to this sound, the little solo interlude is a nice touch....could be a little louder and cleaner but very nicely done. I could seriously listen to your guys's sound all day......its relaxing but its not boring relaxing if you know what i mean.

Hope to hear some more tracks from you guys.
I Seriously Need To Know How To Make A Thread! Somebody Please Tell Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol go to the section you want at the top of all the other threads you'll see a button called "New Thread".
Anyway you guys rock, the recordings are great. Songs good too.
Hey good stuff guys, and your from vancouver!!. The vocals could use some work, but other than that good job.
great quality....for sure...the first one seemed to drag on a bit too much at the beginning...i lost interest for a while, but it was still ok....the second one i liked a bit better....i really do like your recording quality and process, sounds similar to something i would do (if i had a band anymore ...) but yeah the vox are ok i suppose, give him time, im in the same boat....anyways, great start, keep it up!

check me out if you have time?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400997
Very very nice, the pace did drag on a bit a few times in endless rerun, but I really loved strategem, very professional work :]
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
That music sounds good, bro! Keep up the good work, I am usually not into that type of stuff, but it is really kickass!
Page 1 of 2