My guitar falls off of its stand often, and it just did again and landed face first, from about 2 inches up, not a big fall, but now whenever I hold the 3rd fret on the A string the note dies out instantly... but its only that ONE fret on that one string and I can't see any physical damage. Wtf happened?
it mite be something to do with the rod or the bridge
I Will Follow You Into The Dark.
Your History Is Mine,
Whats My Age Again, Whats My Age Again?
What Became Of The Likely Lads?
You didn't take care of it, that's what happened. Better luck next time.
Quote by YYZ
You didn't take care of it, that's what happened. Better luck next time.

I didn't take care of it? Are you retarded? I have no controll over my guitar tipping over randomly when I'm not in the room you tool.
If it's fallen off the stand before then why the hell would you continue to put it on there? I was only kidding though and can't help you with your problem.
There was a cut in the A string on the underside right above the 3rd fret, so I'm going to restring it and see if it works.
^That'll probably work.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The only thing I can thing of that won't be solved by restringing would be if there is some problem with that fret - either some problem with it period, or some problem that is going to cause it to cut the A string.

Although from what you've said, it seems really likely that it's just the string and everything will be fine after you restring

Could you describe how you have your guitar standing in your room, so maybe we can offer some suggestions on how to keep it from falling over?
You should really look into getting a new stand to........you know, so it doesn't fall off again
Quote by powerhalf
The only thing I can thing of that won't be solved by restringing would be if there is some problem with that fret - either some problem with it period, or some problem that is going to cause it to cut the A string.

Although from what you've said, it seems really likely that it's just the string and everything will be fine after you restring

Could you describe how you have your guitar standing in your room, so maybe we can offer some suggestions on how to keep it from falling over?

I have a guitar stand, and it sometimes falls. I don't know why.
I keep my guitar in its case when im done playing.

Just put your guitar up against the wall. Your stand obviously sucks.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
I have my guitar in it's case when I'm done playing, but if I'm playing and feel like taking a break or something I just lay it on my bed. That way it won't fall unless my bed randomly decides to flip over.
Heres a solution:

buy this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/HERCULES-LOCKING-GUITAR-WALL-HANGER-STAND-AUTO-GRAB-NEW_W0QQitemZ330010165347QQihZ014QQcategoryZ7266QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/STRING-SWING-WOOD-WALL-MOUNT-GUITAR-HANGER-NEW_W0QQitemZ330009346764QQihZ014QQcategoryZ22671QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have the first one, and it is solid as a rock. just make sure its mounted on a wall stud, and your guitar will never fall down again. It also looks good.

EDIT: It also keeps the neck in alignment.
Last edited by hessian101 at Jul 25, 2006,
Quote by altarofdemise
I keep my guitar in its case when im done playing.

Just put your guitar up against the wall. Your stand obviously sucks.

isnt that bad if its a gig bag thing? like the neck will get warped right?
i put my baby in the stand and lock it shut.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
^ Case, hardcase. I hate gigbags. No protection at all.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
Maybe you're muting it....
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..