Ok My dads going to buy me a new guitar for my results from my GCSE exams becasue i got all good grades (straight b's and an A for english )

Ive been looking at PRS for an absolute age.. This one isnt too expensive and i want a guitar with humbuckers but not a LP SG or an Ibanez/ESP shape... PRS's have always appealed to me.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=69441

I like the finish and shape, and im going to test one out on wednesday...

But just one thing, What are the "zebra bobbins" on the humbuckers.. Do they do anything or are they just for looks?

Thanks.
yeah it's for the looks

I've played an SE Custom in the shop and it was O.K., but the SE Singlecut was just a fraction better imo. And the Tremonti SE beated them all (most likely the pickups that made the difference).
^ x2

I played the same guitars (tremonti, singlecut, custom) and the custom defiantly was the least great of the bunch. now the looks might not appeal to you, but if they do, the singlecut is a better buy.
or better yet the [jizz]tremonti[/jizz]

but the custom is still a good guitar, didnt play very fast, but sounded smooth more than anything

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
get the trem version and just tighten the springs so it sits flush on the body for sustain and stabilility then invest in some sperzel locking tuners and pups and it should sing.
Quote by Matticuss22
Ok My dads going to buy me a new guitar for my results from my GCSE exams becasue i got all good grades (straight b's and an A for english )

Ive been looking at PRS for an absolute age.. This one isnt too expensive and i want a guitar with humbuckers but not a LP SG or an Ibanez/ESP shape... PRS's have always appealed to me.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=69441

I like the finish and shape, and im going to test one out on wednesday...

But just one thing, What are the "zebra bobbins" on the humbuckers.. Do they do anything or are they just for looks?

Thanks.

I ordered it right when it went out of stock and it stayed out of stock for months, so I got a ibanez rg. I still want that SE Custom though....