Tomorrow Im cruising around to every guitar place in my city with one of the best bands in the city right now. theyve won all kinds of official battle of the bands and they are all extremely good. I met em yesterday and they want me to go to stores with em so we can chill/look for some guitars (We are all looking for new ones)

I want some dope riffs to play with them, rather than my traditional metallica/megadeth/maiden stuff.

got any suggestions?
anything other than emo/metalcore is good

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
Last edited by JanickClone at Jul 24, 2006,
Necrophagist. I must seem like a diehard fan of these guys, but if you want to impress someone then play a solo or 2 by Muhammed.
Learn a load of Hendrix stuff, everyone loves Hendrix.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by YYZ
Necrophagist. I must seem like a diehard fan of these guys, but if you want to impress someone then play a solo or 2 by Muhammed.

haha naw, im not looking to impress them, im not good enough for that. I just wanna play some great riffs from other genres and stuff to show that i dont jsut play the same ****

id like to stay away from solos cause for the most part someone who can solo, to me, isnt that great. and can typically get really annoying when all you do is try to solo when everyone is just trying to jam

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
chili peppers... ok something difficult... hendrix... scratch that clapton (play all the guitar parts with one guitar ftw)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Hhmm, well then how about some Opeth? They have awesome riffs, or maybe Pantera?

Why don't you want metalcore?