Hey all I was looking through the tunning forms and I noticed there wasn't one for tunning alternate tunnings with a tunner. Personaly I don't know any but I'm sure many UG users know plenty of them. Thank you all for the help.
hahah "tuning" has two N's not 3.
heres a cool tuning DADGBE (drop d)
or C#G#C#F#A#D# (half a step down)
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Oops I didn't see that. I guess I should have made it more clear. When saying the tunning say how to do it on the tunner. Sorry for the lack of info.
What do you mean? You just pluck (is that the right word?) and turn the tuning thingy on your bass till the tuner says the thing that you want....
So how am I supposed to take anything you say seriously,
when you've swapped free will for faith, hope and pre-destiny?
Quote by KoRnHead
Yeah but for bass and guitar.

Huh? Do you even know what you're talking about?
Quote by KoRnHead
^Yeah but u just said bass. I wanted it for both.

:S You do the same with both guitar and bass.. or what do you mean? You.. talk...............weird....
^Like for whole step down u hold down each stiring on the second fret and tune it like u wanted it in standard. I was wounder how u tune all the alternate tunings with the tunner by holding down the frets.
I thought so but some ppl say you have to hold down certain frets to tune it correctly.
Aah, I'm not certain about that. I do it that way I said because I've never come across any different. Hopefully someone can answer that for both of us now because I'm intrigued
Well the only one that i know of is whole step down like I said earlyer but I'm not sure if it's correct or not.
just buy a chromatic tuner from korg or something. it'll tell you any note you play
Would if i could man but I'm flat broke so I mine as well figure it out this way.
Quote by KoRnHead
I thought so but some ppl say you have to hold down certain frets to tune it correctly.

For standard tuning you hold the 5th fret of the low e and tune the 5th string by the way it sounds. same goes for every other string except whend tuning the second. hold the 4th fret instead of the 5th/
there should be a button that will make it go down a single tone each time u press it (Korg tuners have it), so u can tune ur E trings to a D or whatever by pressin it twice...
Not that I can see. I figured out how to tune it in whole step down now. U have to hold down the second fret on all the strings and tune it as u would in standard.