can anybody help me. I'm left handed but play right handed guitar. I am trying to learn sunshine go away and can play it all with ease on the guitar but when i try to sing, my right hand was to quit and can't strum it right. It's like I can't consentrate hard enough to play it. I need to have this down by the end of the week can any body give me some tips?
Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice!

And don't forget.

Practice.

That's all you can really do, man.
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
I suggest that you start practicing singing and playing with songs that have simple strumming patterns working your way up, and with time and practice it will become easier (mind you, it's always harder to play while singing obviously).
singing and playing at the same time is something that just clicks one day. hopefully it'll click for you before you run out of time. the most important thing is to realize that your singing follows the guitar, and it just works, so don't tailor your guitar to your singing.
What I do is sit in front of the television and watch TV while playing the riff I want to sing over. Once I can be totally focused on the television and not my playing, I will be able to sing over it without messing up. Its all in the muscle memory. Once your hands really know how to play a song, doing anything over the top of it should be simple. (I'm a bass player, but my guitarist does the same thing and it works for us).

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
start slow, and practice. when you near perfection on the slow speed, bump the speed up and repeat until you are at the correct tempo of the song.
My rig:
1999 Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Gibson electronics and Sperzel locking tuners
Ibanez RG470 w/ Floyd Rose (soon to be for sale)
Boss NS-1 Noise Surpressor
Ernie Ball Volume Pedal
Marshall MG100 1x12" combo
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
What I do is sit in front of the television and watch TV while playing the riff I want to sing over. Once I can be totally focused on the television and not my playing, I will be able to sing over it without messing up. Its all in the muscle memory. Once your hands really know how to play a song, doing anything over the top of it should be simple. (I'm a bass player, but my guitarist does the same thing and it works for us).

Hehe...same here.

Just try to play the riff while focussing on something else. Now, if you can concentrate on whatever else while playing the riff, try to sing to it.
Depending on if you like Metallica, you can start with them. Suggestions would be "Onee", "welcome Home (Sanitarium)", Enter Sandman (after the solo). All great places to practice. If you wanna get flat stupid with it do "Stairway to Heaven", that should keep you occupied for a while. But I'd advise starting small with a song like Black Sabbath or something. But like others have said pratice makes perfect. Good luck to you.