how many input jacks are there on ur power suply. on mine there is only 6. so i need to make another pedal board to fit all of my future ones on!
I'm using a daisy chain with my boss pedals (though I can also use them for some of my homebrew pedals). So I technically have 8.
My Daisy Chain has 5
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
If you dont have enough power outlets just add anohter daisy chain to it
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Oh dear, you like the MG effects? And the distortion? They might seem cool, but once you try real effects, you'll know what you're missing.

I just have a variable voltage 1300ma adapter with a daisy chain.
These go to eleven...
Does the power supply's mA capabillity have to be greater than the combined mA's of all the pedals it's powering? Hmmm.
These go to eleven...
I'm not sure actually. The way voltage supplies work is essentially maintain voltages, by whatever means necessary (sometimes when you plug something in, you'll see a spark, that's the power supply trying to maintain a certain voltage, it does so by creating current). I think the mA rating is just how much current it can supply to maintain voltage before something inside the powersupply breaks down (ie a resistor or something). I'm sure it's not the transformer itself, so I suppose you could increase the mA rating of a power supply by swapping out the existing components with higher wattage components.
I remember this from my electronics class, in a series circut (daisy chain) current is additive. So in order not to fry the transformer in the power supply you should never exceed the mA rating of a powersupply. And its highly reccomended that you dont try to change anything inside of a power supply, the components inside of it are usually relative to how much power it is putting out, so in order to up the mA rating you'll probably need to change out a bunch of parts. So in short, don't overload the power supply, and if you need more power buy a higher output one.
Quote by Wasted-Youth
I laugh at people that say "well my mac doesn't get viruses!" That's like bragging that nobody breaks into your shack and steals your lawn chair.

Quote by Yakult
I've got more faith in Michael Jackson safely babysitting my cousin, than I do in Windows.
Quote by rdineen
I remember this from my electronics class, in a series circut (daisy chain) current is additive.

A daisy chain is a parallel circuit dude. But in a parallel circuit, current is additive.
Last edited by greenbox at Jul 25, 2006,
well, most pedals typically draw about 10-20 mA, though i've seen some draw as much as 50-60.