6 14%
Mixolydian
5 12%
Aeolian
7 17%
Locrian
4 10%
Voters: 42.
I'm a guitar nerd Put why the mode is your favorite.

Phrygian, because of spanish phrygian solos!
Agile Al-3000 prestige, Carvin V3 half stack, Fender 75, Line 6 spider 112, roland microcube, JT serpent, JT Sg Custom, Washburn D-100, PODXTL, Monster Powerconditioner, George L's cords
ALL MY POSTS ARE *MY OPINION* GO HOME TROLLS!
Aeolian cause I like sad music - although I tend to use whatever scale and just start it in a different place to get the sound I want and add in chromatics. Like I have this sad song that has a happy resolution to it, I use the major scale but resolve to the fifth so the piece is Mixolydian.

It's just the way I work, I don't know all the scale shapes, I can just kinda work my way around a single one to get the effect I need.
Locrian is way more sad if you use it wisely.

Im a Lydian guy......
member of The Loomis Foundation
Phrygian, it's just got that kickass metal tone coming from the b2nd.

Locrian seems kinda tense to me, works well for crescendos and building towards climaxes.

Apparently Ionian isn't very popular
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
I'd have to say that out of those choices, I love using Phrygian the most. You've got your haunting, exotic, and metal feels all in one mode. That's what I've always loved about it.
Lydian cuz it give me a vaiy (steve vai) feel and i like that #4.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
Lydian is probably te coolest mode, its got that certain vibe to it, although i dont tend to use it alot, i usually use aeolian/dorian, alternating the 6-b6 to give my solos a twist every now and then
i find myself using dorian a lot. though most of the time im not thinking like, "ok im going to use this and this mode" it just happens to be the notes im hitting when i solo since i know where to play diatonically across the fretboard and the notes i resolve to usually imply dorian, and other times aeolian, and phygian to a lesser extent.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Mixo FTW, it just makes me feel like im floating through a cloud, i could play around with it for hours without moving. or the good old dorian for straight-out rockin' jams
I like a few modes, namely Phrygian (of course), Aeolian & Lydian...

I really like Lydian tho cuz with the right articulation, it can sound really aggressive or really melancholic. It's kinda weird if u think about it but it's true!
I use Mixolydian a lot, I guess... it comes up a lot in my jams. Spanish Phrygian is cool too, but that's not an option.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
I guess I'm the only Locrian lover...I just love the sound in an unexplainable way, and made my first nice bassline in that mode, so it has sentiment.
Aeolian, i can get soo much emotion from it, it just fits me perfectly. As quinny said, I like to swap between Aeolian and Dorian sometimes.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Harmonic Minor and Phrygian
Nice, spanishy, exotic sounds
Been away, am back
I like the Locrian. It the tension is great when you use it right. E locrain is agreat key for metal and it keeps you from doing E5 so its a little bit of a change.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
I'm a Dorian guy myself, it seems so versatile.
Guitar
Jackson DKMGT with semour duncan pickups
Peavey Classic 30 (upgraded speaker)
Digitech Digidelay
Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
Dunlop wah
Boss DS-1
Bass
Rogue LX400 pro- 4 string bass
Rogue RB60 60 watt bass combo