Does anyone, anyone at all know what a G&L is? Has anyone heard of it. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has one and loves it.
G&L is the company Leo Fender started after he sold fender to CBS. Thats why most of the guitars look like fenders. Jerry Cantrell of Alice in chains plays G&L.
If it smells OK, taste it.
Quote by TheMusicJunkie
Does anyone, anyone at all know what a G&L is? Has anyone heard of it. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has one and loves it.
G&L stands for George Fullerton & Leo Fender; this is the company set up after Leo finished with Musicman which was set up after Leo sold out to CBS.
I have a G&L L2500 Tribute 5 string Bass, I feel that it is let down a little with the active circuitry and a little hard sounding compared to my Musicman Stingray 5.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
the name of G&L was later changed from George and Leo to Guitars by Leo when George fullerton left.
Quote by TheMusicJunkie

I know what they are and the history. I asked if anyone else plays them and knows about them. That's all.
Quote by TheMusicJunkie
I know what they are and the history. I asked if anyone else plays them and knows about them. That's all.

your welcome.
Quote by TheMusicJunkie
I'm going to try this again.... Does anyone play a G&L guitar?
Didn't you read my reply? also 3 years ago I had the full set, 65 Jazz Bass, Stingray 5 and a G&L L2500 Tribute, the L2500 is a great bass once you get used to the neck.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
I play a G&L ASAT Special. It's a hollow-body jazz guitar. I think it has a great amount of action about it, the string placement is great, and the fretboard feels great about it. The 3 pickups are pretty standard, imo. Altogether, it is a nice guitar and it is very versatile. I can go from jazz to heavy and into soft rock without a single problem physically or aurally. I guess the key word here would be "standard."

O~R
Some of the most powerful moments are when there is nothing to be said
Finally! *dances* I can't to seem anyone else who plays them. I've got a G&L legacy, custom shop, one of a kind, made in the USA, Bel-Air green Strat. I love it. I've had it for a year and a half or so, and it own my soul. You're right about being about to go from one sound to another. I'm too crazy with what I like, so it's great for. I'll go from blues to metal for no apparent reason.

And John Swift, no I didn't see it. I was too confused by what fenderguy or whatsfaces was putting. When I get confused I skip over stuff. So sorry. I'm very proud of your taste in guitar. Ha ha.
ive got a Comanche, got it last yr and it awsome.
Quote by Next Hendrix
You know you're a guitar player when your girlfriend says she got a new g-string and you ask " Is it nickel-wound or bronze phosphorous?"

I tried one today at the store, asat classic and the tribute. very nice..I believe they are almost high ends..maybe because i havent played better..! But I was thinking of buying one tomorrow..any suggestions?
Quote by shpongle
I tried one today at the store, asat classic and the tribute. very nice..I believe they are almost high ends..maybe because i havent played better..! But I was thinking of buying one tomorrow..any suggestions?
The L2500 Tribute is a great bass if you have an amp that can push the lows as the Bass & Treble controls on the L2500 are cut only.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by shpongle
Oh actually, I was talking about the guitars..not the bass.
Well go to the guitar site then, plonker!*#

G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
I would buy a G&L over a Fender any day of the week, but for strats I'd probably go Carvin Bolt .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
G&L's are average overpriced guitars with little demand. Be absolutly sure you like it before buying. Check E-Bay. They're ok I suppose.
They are not overpriced at all imo. Infact I would line them in a league just maybe beside suhr, I am serious. Maybe the tribute series i dont know, my local store have one G&L with real badarse flamed fretboard.
Quote by iplayguitar88
They are not overpriced at all imo. Infact I would line them in a league just maybe beside suhr, I am serious. Maybe the tribute series i dont know, my local store have one G&L with real badarse flamed fretboard.
I have the L2500 Tribute, the L2500 plays fine and is well made, it was let down by the poor quality electronics which have now been sorted out, if there is a downside it's the active circuitry which is limited to cut and no boost.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn