So anyways ive finally got rid of my Jackson DK-2..it was a nice guitar...but I just am not a Floyd Rose guy...i thought I was at the point where I wouldnt de tune anymore...and I really wasnt..im a big fan of dropped tunings..they were actually overloaded with Dk2s...everywhere i looked used and new black ones..but they still gave me a direct trade with taxes/new strings/setup on a Ibanez RG321mh in a Nickel finish seen here: http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RG321MH

They only had a mahogany oil finish and i wanted the nickel..so it should be in in abotu a week or 2...im actually very happy...its a simple guitar that I think could be pretty good once i buy a nice set of humbcukers..I was thinking a set of Bill Lawrence buckers or a Duncan JB and something else...but anyways im just really happy I have a guitar im gunna be happy with..and gives me the versatility I need...so yeah im pretty happy lol...some will probly say I got ripped off..but the Jackson was just too complicated..I dont have the time to set up my floyd when I want to detune and so on...and I just looked..and the neck on the RG is the exact same size of the Dk2..so bonus...anyways just thought id share that
Aside from the neck size, you also get an AANJ.... Much better than the standard joint featured on that jackson, and a mahogony body ...

I personally love natural finishes, i would have gotten the mh oil.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
close enough...barely moved at all...but after quite a few it kind of began too..ive never played an Original Floyd so I wouldnt know..it did take a lot to kncok it slightly off
yeah the mahogony oil is just starting to grow on me...ah well..im so picky..what do u mean by AANJ?
^ All access neck joint.... much better fret access compared to the standard joint on the jackson

AANJ -

Standard -
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I think you made a pretty good choice. But I gotta say that mahogany oil finish is awesome!
Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
Did the dk2 stay in tune when you did extreme dive bombs and such, because I want to get one of these.

check out my sig
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
Pics arent loadin, but I know what you mean...yeah i figured mahogony is good, for my musical tastes probly better then alder...neck is same size...no floyd problems cause there isnt one..and now neck joint is better...for me it feels like a trade up..might be losing out on looks..but thats 2nd to me..im happy i think i finally made a good choice on a guitar..im pumped lol..thanks classic for the neck info
Quote by Andrewsonfire
check out my sig

Is it in good shape? is there a lot of fret wear? what kind of EMGs? active or passive? are the tuners in good shape?

I may want to wait to get a good condition one in the color snow white, but we might be able to work something out
Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
Is it in good shape? is there a lot of fret wear? what kind of EMGs? active or passive? are the tuners in good shape?

I may want to wait to get a good condition one in the color snow white, but we might be able to work something out

frets are awesome, there is like 2 nicks about as big as pen tops on the body(not even big enough to get them to show up on camera). and the back plate got scuffs on it nothing big, non on the guitar. active pick ups and the tuners are wicked.
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
The MH OIL dude..... If you dented it, the wood would match because everything is a natural finish.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Thanks classic..i just called the store and they said no problem and i switched it to mahogony oil...said it should be here in 5-10 days...
Cool, congrats
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
NICE guitar! Hope you enjoy it!
My Gear: