Yes, where do you often position your picking hand? I always position on the middle but sometimes i'm playing and unconsciously i move to the neck, which i don't know if is good or bad, cause i read an interview of Steve Vai, that he said he began playing very close to the neck and even on the neck itself, and the he changed his picking technique entirely to play like actualy he does, but he never said that it was a bad/good habit/technique. Any opinions about this?.
i play right in the middle of the nec kand bridge pickups, unless im doing pinch harmonics, in which case i have to shift my picking hand around
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
My hand rests on the bridge so i pick between the pick up's.

If i'm playing chords with a clean electric, i play across the 12th fret.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
its all preference until you go past the neck pickup.
it completely changes the sound to be way more bassy and not as loud. Not to mention its much harder to pick because the strings are so loose there.

I usually go right on the bridge pickup for solo runs etc
and middle pickup for strumming

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
between the neck and middle for me usually and when im palm mute obviously i move to the bridge
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
I play all over the place. They say anchoring is bad, but it doesn't limit me at all. I can do sweep tap arpeggios, get all of the pinch harmonics, and cover the entire guitar just as fast as people who -don't- anchor. But that's just me. I hear it's a bad habit, but I don't care. Either way, I usually play most comfortably around just behind the neck pickup.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."