Page 1 of 2
hey,
i am currently in the process of writing a movie about pirates (a comedy about a few kids wanting to be modern day pirates, nothing like dead mans chest), and i am working on gathering songs for a soundtrack, so....what are some songs (any genre) that are about pirates? and are there any musical tips any of you have about that style so i could write my own pirate music? also...i would love it if some of the ug'ers could write some pirate songs so i could use them in the movie...so any input is apprecieated, and if you want to input some music then once i finish the script i will pm or email it to you...

so if you know any bands that have songs about pirates or songs that sound "pirate-y" the please post them...

Thanks
Originally posted by SoFad
Guys, I'm in need of desperate help, it's been like 2 weeks since my last dump. I can't get there anymore

wow, good luck

Quote by MorelloMan1992

elephants.

buttsecks.

elephant buttsecks
There's a bit in Advent by Opeth that sounds very pirate-like.
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
I read the thread title and thought this was about something completely different
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
My Brother ahs a friend Who have a pirate meal band (true-scottish-pirate-metal) apparently Nuclear blast wehre enquirin about them.

anyway, they are pretty cool. They are pirate metal

http://www.celtiaproductions.co.uk/battleheart/media.php

I suggest you lsiten to "heavy metal pirates" and "Nancy the Tavern Wench" the singing needs to be work ed on, but meh.

give it a listen
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I thought this was a Limewire thread...

But back on track, after the first slow part in The Prophecy (Iron Maiden) it sounds a bit pirate-ish
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Rum Is For Drinking, Not Burning by Senses Fail.....that song is piratey....and catchy
So there I was, surrounded by Koreans....
The beginning of Planet Hell by Nightwish. I'm not even joking. I'll even upload the beginning for you, just to show you.
Ha this reminds me of that thing that someone posted yesterday, "lol, Limewire"....

"Do what you want cuz a pirate is free... you are a pirate!"
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Salty Dog by Flogging Molly, maybe Ghost of the Navigator or Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Iron Maiden
The Rolling Stones give me a pirate vibe, but that's probably just because of the association between Keith Richards and Cap'n Jack.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Coheed and Cambria- 2113

There's a very pirateish riff in the middle.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
You will find that sound on any Flogging Molly CD
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
There a song called We Are The Pirates Who Dont Do Anything (?), but I dont know who it's by, its funny though

"We are the pirates, who dont do anything, we just hanng around, and watch tv" or something like that, and then out of nowhere it goes "and Ive never been to Boston in the fall!"

I dont get that lol.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Coincidentally my band's name is derived from pirates. Probably not what you're looking for though. But maybe.

See link in my sig.
Originally posted by jallas

Ohh... you don't like pop music. Ahh I see, that must make it suck then.

Queene Anne's Revenge!
Quote by greendayguitar
There a song called We Are The Pirates Who Dont Do Anything (?), but I dont know who it's by, its funny though

"We are the pirates, who dont do anything, we just hanng around, and watch tv" or something like that, and then out of nowhere it goes "and Ive never been to Boston in the fall!"

I dont get that lol.

Oh. Man. VEGGIE TALES. THANK YOU for that blast from my past.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Trollhammaren!

Although i have no idea what the song is about, the synth-accordian bit at the beggining always reminds me of Pirates.
Pirates of the carribean soundtrack is on iTuens
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Quote by 6stringwizard
hey,
i am currently in the process of writing a movie about pirates (a comedy about a few kids wanting to be modern day pirates, nothing like dead mans chest), and i am working on gathering songs for a soundtrack, so....what are some songs (any genre) that are about pirates? and are there any musical tips any of you have about that style so i could write my own pirate music? also...i would love it if some of the ug'ers could write some pirate songs so i could use them in the movie...so any input is apprecieated, and if you want to input some music then once i finish the script i will pm or email it to you...

so if you know any bands that have songs about pirates or songs that sound "pirate-y" the please post them...

Thanks

"Wooden Pints" by Korpiklaani is about as good a pirate music as I've ever heard...
Quote by greendayguitar

I dont get that lol.

That is exactly what I was about to say!!!It's by Relient k.
God, people gotta be so mean!
Don't stop if I fall, and don't look back...Oh baby don't stop, bury me and fade to black.
tobacco island - flogging molly. pretty much anything by that band...

I CAN TOTALLY EXPLAIN THAT... I HAD... uh... UNPROTECTED SEX WITH A PORCUPINE
Jerry Garcia & David Grisman - "Off To Sea Once More"
Ween - "The Blarney Stone"

Ayeeee ayeee ayeee
Sharpen yer boots
N' bludgeon yer eye
Ayyyyye ayyyye ayyyeee
The blarney stone brings a tear
To me eye

*sways back and forth*
#DTWD
Blink182 - F*ck a dog in the ass

Great Big Sea - Donkey Riding
Great Big Sea - The Night That Pat Murphy Died
3 Inches of Blood
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Theres a song by the doors called land ho!, thats pretty piratish.
MySpace
Quote by syyz1
You're right, I mean, I can imagine eating children, but listening to good music seems a little too much. You, Iruleeverything, are the master of torture.
Page 1 of 2