ok...well i have my five string....and i cant really seem to find much stuff in low B and stuff like that and i most play in dropped D anyway

so i was thinking in making it either

DEADG
EDADG

good idea? and which 1????
not a great idea. you could get a set of tenor five bass strings and tune that to drop D, but if you don't like the feel of five-string, stick to four.
....thats not wat i ment

i mostly play dropped D and Standard tuning songs

instead of having to retune the four string all the time....and i dont really use Low B tabs...like at all

should i drop D the 5 to make DEADG or EDADG??...
Quote by elemenohpee
No, learn to play D as third fret B string. This will in time make things easier. (And keep all your scales in place.)

Once you learn more theory, that low B string will come in very handy.

that is a good idea, however, there are some cases where that can't be done. for example fast riffs that require the open d to work properly. like SLither, by VR for example.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Put an extra E on instead of a B, and tune it down to D.

Or if youre manly enough, D is just the 3rd fret on the low B. Move whatever it says to play up 3 frets.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Really, if you're not into the B string, you could try EADGC, which is becoming more popular. And instead of having separate E and dropped D strings I would recommend thinking about a D-Tuner, so you can change tunings fast and have both the E and dropped D tuned strings available right next to the A for ease of play. Just a thought.
Eat One
Quote by Forcemaster
that is a good idea, however, there are some cases where that can't be done. for example fast riffs that require the open d to work properly. like SLither, by VR for example.

Slither is easily done because of the speed of the song.

G|---------------------------------|
D|---------------------------------|
A|-----------0---3-----0-----------|
E|---1-2---4---------4---3---1-2---|
B|-3-----3-----3---3-------3-----3-|

Now I'm not saying that playing in 5 standard is a solution to everything. There are some riffs that are completely impossible to play.

Ex.

G|--------------7----9----7----10p9---|
D|----7----9--------------------------|
A|------------------------------------|
D|-00---00---00---00---00---00------0-|

This riff is much easier in Drop D as it eliminates hand jumping. You have to look at what you are playing and say to yourself "Can I play that in standard? Or would it be easier in Drop D." Part of that decision is preferance.

Please note that drop D is not a solution to everything either, music is very circumstantial. And the two examples given are two circumstances where different tunings can be used.