I'm looking for a new bass and this one is high on my list. How is it for tapping/slapping and more rechnical stuff? i play any genre i hear that has a cool bass line, jazz to metal to whatever, and i'm in the school band. Is it a very versatile bass?

thanks in advance
The Space Farmer and Co-Founding Bastardo of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
seeing as it is pretty expensive..why not go to a shop and have a play?

Judging a purchase on someone elses opinions of a guitar is a bad idea..
i have played it, and it feels wonderful, but i'm still a fairly bad judge of how things will serve me in the long run, seeing as it will be my second bass only. i was just asking becuase i don't see a whole lot of them in the less mainstream genres, so to speak
The Space Farmer and Co-Founding Bastardo of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
you won't be sorry. slap started on a Jazz, and to date, there is no style that can't be dominated, by the Jazz. it will take you anywhere you want to go, on bass. it will become your #1 bass. unless your other bass, is a G&L.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Jul 24, 2006,
i recently got a fender jazz V and it is an amazing bass. I have a shecter elite V, fender pbass, and the jazz V is my favorite. Not only is it the best for jazz, but its extremly versitile. It is really worth the money. For tapping just make sure you get your action nice and low. It offers a great slap tone, but my schecter might have it beat in that category, imho. Buy it, you wont be disappointed. By the way, it has the best playability of any bass i have ever played. The fender jazz necks are legendary for a reason. Hope this helps!
Thick neck=gross. I played a used (very used) Ibanez SR505 and I found out why everybody and their mother has one. It plays like a dream and the neck is perfect. Low action which is great for tapping. Great P-ups for jazz to metal to deathjazzfusioncore.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10