I've wondered this for a while and couldn't find a good answer on this forum. But why is it that the bridge pickup on stratocasters is on an angle. Would it make a huge difference tonally if it was straight? Humbuckers are straight so why are single coil bridge pickups not? Why are the middle and neck pickups straight?
i think its because, if the pickup was straight it woul dbe too trebly. but wait for somebody to give you a more in depth anwaser
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
Hmmm, I've always wondered too.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
I figured theres a reason and it's not for looks. I'd like to know if it makes much a difference because I'm ordering a custom pick guard see my thread in gear building and customizing. And I'd like to know if I should order the bridge as straight or keep it angeld. If it makes any difference this isn't a stock bridge pickup it's a DiMarzio Virtual 2 Bridge.
wylde_overdrive has already given you the answer...
If it were straightened (depending on which way it was slanted in the first place) if would chage the bass/treble-ness of the pickup.
Originally posted by: rich sg
And God said unto Jesus: "Son, is there anything you want to talk about?"
And Jesus replied: "Get off my back, Dad! Judas Priest your such a frickin' homophobe! FACE!"
And so Jesus was crucified.
Quote by wylde_overdrive
To balance out the bass and treble of it.

Bingo! We have a winner!
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust