Page 1 of 2
I was wondering... I have a Yamaha electric, and Im getting a Line 6 Spider II 112 amp for my birthday. I'm gunna try to save up enough money to get the Schecter Vengeance or Synyster STANDARD. Once I can find a place to buy it online... but I was wondering if anybody knew if it would sound good together?
......rock on brother......
nothing sounds good with line 6, get a mesa
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
yea it does man... All my friends have one... plus Mesa's are like...an arm and a leg to get. I'm sticking to a Line 6... but I was just wondering if the Schecter would sound good with it.
Im not a fan of Line 6. it sounds way to effectie to be even a real guitar tone
*Agrees with chevelle454*

I have a schecter c-1 classic with a mesa and i also have a marshal avt 100
both sound great

depends on your music style
I'd avoid the Spider 2 range...been there and it's not pretty.

Mind you if you tried it and liked it...who am i to say anything.
Ibanez RG 770 Deluxe
Epiphone SG Custom
Marshall TSL60
Digitech Whammy 2
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss MZ-2 Digital Metalizer
Boss DF-2 Super Feedbacker & Distortion
Boss XT-2 Xtortion etc
yea dont be so stubborn just cause line 6 makes it seem like the best.
just look around and play some other amps.
you most likely will get a distortion pedal anyway.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by Chevelle454
nothing sounds good with line 6, get a mesa

WTF...did you just suggest an amp that is about 4x the price of the amp he wants? I'm sure you didn't, you cant be that stupid...
Agile Al-3000 prestige, Carvin V3 half stack, Fender 75, Line 6 spider 112, roland microcube, JT serpent, JT Sg Custom, Washburn D-100, PODXTL, Monster Powerconditioner, George L's cords
ALL MY POSTS ARE *MY OPINION* GO HOME TROLLS!
You really will regret getting a Line 6. My friend has one and it seriously sounds just awful. Get a Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronix instead.

Anyway, I'd also reccomend getting a C-1 Hellraiser FR or C-1 Classic instead of those A7X signature models.
What is wrong with a Line 6 Spider II 210 Combo? tho i mean i only heard good things from frends and its only $300 sumethin Us.... would a Crate XT120R 120W Guitar Combo be better?

plz no flam either.... thanxs everybody
for metal look at the roland cube or for everything else (including metal) look at the vox advt series, NOT SPIDERS!!!!!!!!!
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
honestly from my experince, anything plus the spider II isn't good.

Joel -
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Dont get the standard models of the A7X custom guitars, get the custom model, you will have better pickups which will sound better and if its the Syn custom you get you will have an original floyd rose

and I had a line 6 spider II when I started playing guitar and after a few months I returned it because I hated its sound. You may like it at first but you will grow to hate it
Don't get a Spider get a Vox Valvetronix or Roland Cube, whicha re really nice amps.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
alright i have a lin 6 spyder 112 (75 watt)and a schecter c1+ and screw what all the tone nazis say they are all a bunch of 40 year old men with loaded pockets we unfortuanatly are the younger players that are broke so keeping that in mind the line 6 brand is the best bang for your buck.no pedals needed just plug in and play.i say get a c1+ like me its really versitle and its like $550.i say dont get the a7x editions cause do you really wanna sound EXACTLY like them...no you wanna have your own style.if its the floyyd rose you want schecter does make the c1 hellraiser its loaded with emgs and loks nice.if you wanna see a video of a line 6 amp at work you go to this link qhich is a video of my friends band their lead guitarist uses a line 6 spyder 2 halfstack and they dont sound half bad if your into hardcore music =).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD8ZDzGX7kA
Actually, i would say that band has bad tone.
Its like a solid buzz...
Sterile IMO.

Oh, and the Line 6 is defintly not the best bang for your buck.
Roland Cube or a Vox Valvetronix > Spyder
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Wait a little while till the spider lll comes out so you can be a ginny(however its spelled) pig .
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Getting a spider II for a gift is like getting coal for christmas. Whoever is getting that for you obviously doesn't like you.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Quote by love_O_rock
Wait a little while till the spider lll comes out so you can be a ginny(however its spelled) pig .

are they actually developing one?
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by talldude175
alright i have a lin 6 spyder 112 (75 watt)and a schecter c1+ and screw what all the tone nazis say they are all a bunch of 40 year old men with loaded pockets we unfortuanatly are the younger players that are broke so keeping that in mind the line 6 brand is the best bang for your buck.no pedals needed just plug in and play.i say get a c1+ like me its really versitle and its like $550.i say dont get the a7x editions cause do you really wanna sound EXACTLY like them...no you wanna have your own style.if its the floyyd rose you want schecter does make the c1 hellraiser its loaded with emgs and loks nice.if you wanna see a video of a line 6 amp at work you go to this link qhich is a video of my friends band their lead guitarist uses a line 6 spyder 2 halfstack and they dont sound half bad if your into hardcore music =).

seriously dude, shut up, I'm only 16, I've been working, penny pinching, saving all my money to finally buy a new amp. After working and saving and all that, I'm finally able to buy a good amp. I'm glad I didn't waste money on a spider. The reason why there is all the crappy efx is because it cannot take pedals...at all! To the threadstarter: I'd suggest saving up for a good tube amp that satisfies your needs.

**EDIT** and don't waste extra money on signature guitars, they arent usually worth it, I'd suggest a different Schecter (if you're absolutely set on schecter, if not try out some Ibanez')
Quote by sethp

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Last edited by RideTheAnger13 at Jul 28, 2006,
Don't get the Spider II..

Wattage isn't a big standard of judging volume. Who cares if you can get a 75W Spider for 200 bucks, get a used Cube 60 for 250. It's better. It'll sound louder.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

I don't think that the spiderII is as bad as everyone says it is. It does metal tones fairly well and has a decent clean tone, but everything in between sucks. If you do get the spider, I definetly recomend the FBV shortboard, it is a must have with this amp, plus it gives you a volume control and a wah. I used a spiderII for almost two years before I got my mesa dual rec, it's not that bad. As far as the schecter, I love mine, but I swapped the Pu's w/ EMG's..
CLICK HERE to see my rig
Mesa Dual Rectifier
4x12 Recto Standard
H&K 1x12 Switchblade
Flextone 3 XL
PRS Custom 22 Ten Top
ESP EC-1000
Shecter Gryphon w/ Emg 85/81
Ibanez AEF37
EHX small clone/ holy grail
BBE Sonic maximizer
Boss DD6
line 6 blows!!! get a cheap peavey tube. or save up for a mesa or marshall
Made in Detroit
Guitars, Guns, Cars, Beer, and Women... This is what makes real men happy.
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years. also consider used equipment.
Quote by Striketalonx
are they actually developing one?

Why do you think the price has dropped?
Yes, i believe they have made one with "rockstar settings"
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Quote by SACRAMETAL
I don't think that the spiderII is as bad as everyone says it is. It does metal tones fairly well and has a decent clean tone, but everything in between sucks. If you do get the spider, I definetly recomend the FBV shortboard, it is a must have with this amp, plus it gives you a volume control and a wah. I used a spiderII for almost two years before I got my mesa dual rec, it's not that bad. As far as the schecter, I love mine, but I swapped the Pu's w/ EMG's..

..the spider II is like a robot tone eater...its just a sick excuse for an amp..seriously....

id say save up a bit get a used 5150 on ebay or roland cube...you wont regret it
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by talldude175
alright i have a lin 6 spyder 112 (75 watt)and a schecter c1+ and screw what all the tone nazis say they are all a bunch of 40 year old men with loaded pockets we unfortuanatly are the younger players that are broke so keeping that in mind the line 6 brand is the best bang for your buck.

I paid £200 for my Spider..." Bang for my buck " ? After i actually learned to appreciate amp tone i realised the person who sold me that amp arse raped me.

...Luckily i sold it on for £225 and evetually got a Marshall TSL
Ibanez RG 770 Deluxe
Epiphone SG Custom
Marshall TSL60
Digitech Whammy 2
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss XT-2 Xtortion etc
Quote by RideTheAnger13
Getting a spider II for a gift is like getting coal for christmas. Whoever is getting that for you obviously doesn't like you.

Sigged
Originally Posted by RideTheAnger13
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years. also consider used equipment.

definately sigged to further my ego...
Quote by sethp

Damn I just bought a Spider II 210 yesterday...now everyones making me feel like I made a bad purchase. It was $300...but they have a 7 day return policy. Damn it! Now I feel like I wasted time and money, even though the amp sounds fine to me...what the hell do I do now
Well if your happy **** everyone else, btu from experience i can say with 100% confidence that most players who purchase a Spider 2 later down the line feel kinda stupid.

I bought mine because i thought all that was important was wattage, so i went for the cheapest 150watt i found (Spider 2 212).

Not sure what's decent in the mid range to be honest...i've ended up with a Marshall TSL60, which i'd call top of the price range
Ibanez RG 770 Deluxe
Epiphone SG Custom
Marshall TSL60
Digitech Whammy 2
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss XT-2 Xtortion etc
You should definitely get a Roland Cube and a Schecter Jolly Roger.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Thanks everybody...I acctually didnt get that for my birthday, havent got nothign but money and STILL not enough to get the line 6...($100...WTF?!?!?)...havent really had a party yet though so might get some more money then. oh yeah, and the Scarlet Fever guys...thats pretty awesome, that dude can scream EXACTLY how I'd like to. kinda like the mudvayne guy(the deep tone). tell em I said keep rockin. and if they could do a benefiet concert to help me get enough money to get a nice Schecter and Line 6, hahaha.
Quote by RideTheAnger13

hhahahaha that's great

but true

mabye if you've only ever heard crates, beheringers and mg's the spider might sound great...but get a cube instead

i understand that you aren't loaded with money, im not ether im only 16 but that's no excuse for getting a spider..it's a great excuse for getting a cube tho

my friend had a line 6 and hates it..and sold it, i wasn't to impressed with it ether. The distortion was ok untill i turned the treble above like 2 then it sounded like crap and digital. basically spiders are crap

just because all your friends like panic at the disco, does that mean you should like them? same goes with guitar amps
Quote by talldude175

Thats funny, because unfortunately there are no 40 year old tone nazis here....only 12-16 year olds trying too hard to be psuedo tone nazis.

Whatever the case though, threadstarter I would strongly advise you to reconsider... but hey, I'm not gonna try and drill it into your brain, it's your amp, your tone, and thankfully not mine.

And these guys are being too harsh and jumping on the Spider hating bandwagon. Getting one is much better than getting coal for christmas...you can't flip coal onto ebay and make a quick few hundred bucks.
Quote by AC/zeppelin/DC
Dont get the standard models of the A7X custom guitars, get the custom model, you will have better pickups which will sound better and if its the Syn custom you get you will have an original floyd rose

Syn's custom sucks, it has Invaders instead of Duncan Designed.

I'm 14, biatch. I don't have a Mesa stack sitting around my house, or a whole ****load of preamps and poweramps. Best bang for the buck? Yeah, if you're into computer-sounding/digital music. And what if he's not comfortable with the FR, or screws it up? A replacement is F0CKING $300-350.
BTW, your tone is muddy.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Sep 1, 2006,
Quote by talldude175

SIK PANTS! and i dont think they sound that good at all
+ they act stupid onstage
Page 1 of 2