Ohkay I think this is in the right place and I searched it to see if there were any other threads the same, sorry if there are, but here goes.

I was wondering if there were many decent bands that use drum machines (or some form of it) live or in the studio.

My band has a show on Friday, and we've sacked our drummer, so I want some inspiration/encouragement that this won't be a disaster.

We'll be using drum tracks of the actual songs using proper tabs, so they'll sound like the songs, but I'm still a little worried.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

All of bomb the music industry!'s songs are done with computerized drums and such.
She was stealing sponges, I knew it!
beck is a good one
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Radiohead!!
They use live drums too, though. Their use of drum machines is by choice: they have a competent drummer but use drum machines on some tracks anyway for effect.

I'm pretty sure She Wants Revenge uses drum machines too (but they aren't that great, in my opinion).

So yes, there are decent bands that use drum machines (and yes, they use them live).
Kraftwerk!

I believe they had two percussionists and that they also developed one of the earliest drum machines.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Radiohead use them the odd time, but on Thom Yorke's album The Eraser there's no real drums except a tiny bit in Cymbal Rush.

John Frusicante uses them at lot on his solo albums, correct? I've never heard any of it with a drum machine in it.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
I've heard an (indie?) band Big Black used drum machines, haven't heard anything by them yet though.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Nine Inch Nails. 'Nuff said.
Wade in the water, child.
Quote by AWA
Nine Inch Nails. 'Nuff said.

word

smashing pumpkins used a drum machine before they put out their first album
Smashing Pumpkins also used them on Adore (I think).

Also, the "Echo" in Echo and the Bunnymen is the name of their drum machine, so they probably use one.
Sister's of Mercy, I'm not sure how much Rob Zombie used em but I'm pretty sure he did.
Quote by <><
Necrophagist's album, "Onset of Putrefacation".

Fo' sho'

Plus thats super technical and cool.
meshuggah have used drum machines. not always, but they have done- like on "war" i believe.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.