Do different types of pickups (humbuckers, p-90's, p100's, and regular single coils) respond much differently to effects? Do some handle effects better than others?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i guess yes. if your using like a jazz music pickup it prob wont do good with a metal stompbox. then if you get a distortion aimed humbucker it prob wont do good with jazz clean. so...................ya
Yes, I know that - What I'm tlaking about is actual forms of pickups responding to effects differently. Basically, I'm looking at buying a new guitar, along with some effects pedals, and I'm looking for what the best pickup configuration to choose would be. I'm just looking to make sure that the guitar I choose will be good for using lots of effects on.

The guitars I'm looking at;

Epiphone '57 Reissue Les Paul Junior - P-100 pickup
Ibanez Jet King II - 2 Coil Tapped humbuckers
Ibanez AXS42TKF - 2 Humbuckers
Fender Standard Telecaster - 2 Single Coils
Fender Cyclone - 1 Humbucker, 1 Single Coil

Will any of those handle effects better than the others, or will they all be good for heavey effects useage?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
*confuzzled*

The pickups would just affect the bare bones tone. Pedals would modulate that bare bones tone, so yeah, the effect would sound different between a single coil and a humbucker, but not like, react differently. . .

o.0
Ok, thank you. That's all I needed to know. I was just unsure if one type of pickup would handle effects better than another. That answers my question perfectly.

Thanks.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
yes they indeed do. different pickups automatically have different sound qualities so naturally different pickups with the same effect would have a different sound. humbuckers give off bigger sounds, so having a humbucker with a chorus for example will give off a big engulfing chorus, while a single coil will have a more poppy-crisp chorus. a phaser with a single coil will have a sharper wobbly sound than a humbucker. and so on and so on.

not sure if that helped but i hope it did.

it would be a LOT more accurate to say that Effects respond differently to different pickups.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
^Good Point.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll keep all of it in mind when deciding which guitar.

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
anything would get sterile if you drench it in effect after effect.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
I doubt I'd use more than 5 effects at once very often, but it will happen. Especially if I get a multi effects unit instead of individual pedals.

As for active pickups, none of the guitars I'm looking at have them, so no worries there. I could see how they'd get sterile much faster though.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
oh just so you know Xenn.. your sig still has a smiley next to the mg you now hate

just thought i'd let you know hehe
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R