I am thinking about making a pedalboard since I dont want to shell out money to buy one. I am a NOOB at making one, so I need help!

I already have a thick piece of wood big enough for all my pedals. I know I need velcro, but I need to know how much?

I also need to know what electronic stuff I need on it.

Please help!

Thank You!
Jesus Satan

Quote by davedoom

Krank: "Here you go mate, shiitloads of money and free amps, all you have to do is have a pic taken with your thumbs up looking happy with this amp, we will do the rest"

Endorsee:"OK, thanks"
you need enough to make all of them stay. there isnt a set amount, just eyeball it.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
Should I cover the whole board with velcro so I have more if I add pedals?
Jesus Satan

Quote by davedoom

Krank: "Here you go mate, shiitloads of money and free amps, all you have to do is have a pic taken with your thumbs up looking happy with this amp, we will do the rest"

What I did was get a very long length of thin strips of velcro (like, the 2-3cm wide strips) and put about 3-4 of them length-wise (depending on how big it is) all the way across the board.

On some of my pedals I have two strips of the same thickness velcro going vertically on the base of the pedal on both edges of the base, on others I just have a big thick strip covering the whole thing.

Make sure you clean the surface (dust it) before putting the velcro on or it may not hold well.
I didn't even use velcro for my first one. I took a dremel tool and cut into the wood a bit so my pedals would fit in there perfect basically. They dropped down into the little hole spot that I had just drilled out. It worked out well.
2003 Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop (Limited Edition guitar #71 out of 250)
Marshall JCM2000 TSL-100
Marshall 1960 slant cab
Boss pedals
Crybaby wah

www.myspace.com/guitarplayinsmit
How much does velcro cost?
Jesus Satan

Quote by davedoom

You asked me how I built my pedalboard.

Took an old cabinet and put velcro on it. Then I bought wooden shelf holders and cut them to put the board at an angle. I put velcro in stips across the whole board and then just put some on my pedals.

If you raise the board it might be a good idea to put holes in it for the wires. It makes it cleaner and more organized. Buy some rubber feet for the bottom too. They make it so it doesn't slip on wood floors.
I came up with an amazing idea for mine while I was building it. Since I do so many types of music, I either needed more than one, or one huge one. So i decided to make a base with a large piece of wood, and then i attached drawer tracks on angled pieces in order to make room for the power block underneath. Then I got 3 different sheets of wood, and put tracks on both sides of the board, and velcroed each of my pedals to the boards I wanted them on. So now i have a pedal board that I can use 3 different boards with, and all I have to do is slide one off, and put another on, and fasten it. Try it.
Long Live Rock

Be it dead or alive..

Founding Member of the Capital Punishment to people posting about Guns N Roses in the Classic Rock Forum Club. PM me to join.

a proudly scarred member of the Windmiller's Club
Last edited by ZoSoII_13 at Jul 24, 2006,
What I'd do, is find a nice piece of carpet that velco (the hook part) sticks nicely to. Cover the surface of your board in that. Then put a couple of strips of velcro (hook part) on each of your pedals. That way, you can put any pedal in any position.
These go to eleven...
You can use whatever materials for it, but the important things are velcro and a power supply/daisy chains.

Just get a long strip(s) of sticky sided velcro so it'll stick to the wood, that should be fine.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
OK, I made my pedalboard, and all I need is a daisy chain!

Do I just buy the daisy chain or do I buy other stuff for it too?
Jesus Satan

Quote by davedoom

^ I dont have a camera

It is nothing special anyway

Just a board vwith velcro and 4 effects on it
Jesus Satan

Quote by davedoom

Quote by rockambassadorr
^ I dont have a camera

It is nothing special anyway

Just a board vwith velcro and 4 effects on it

Try putting it at an angle if you plan on putting a second row of effects later on. I currently have only one pedal in my back row but now it is so much easier to access because of the angle.