AHH!! a shredders worst nightmare. im going 2 europe for THREE WEEKS and my mom wont let me bring my guitar!!! how do i practice? am i gonna get rusty? r there any excercises i can do w/o having my gutiar w/ me?! AHHH HELP ME!
This what I do But I dont know if it really works but it works for me.

Bring a metronome or keep a consistent beat than do finger patterns like 1-2-3-4-3-2-1 or 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 or 4-3-2-1-4-3-2-1

it should keep you on the ball.
Quote by King'sXfan590
Emo hating is becoming a bigger trend than being emo.

Quote by 1,57$
Is there mosh pits in James Blunt shows?
i know it happened to me try and find a music store or something where you can go to and jam for a while. but yeah if you don't practice for that long it will feel really weird when you pick up the guitar. you know how to play but you just can't do it it's the most annoying thing in the world
Yea im leaving for vacation tomorrow it's for only a week but im bringing my Grip Master, before you leave go to a music and buy one there only about $15
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
http://www.music123.com/Dean-Playmate-JTJ-Acoustic-Guitar-i124268.music
buy a 3/4 acoustic for $30 practice wt it, then throw it out when u get home.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
do scales on your skin flute,
christ, it is sad when someone has to ask a question like this.
but the gripmaster is just something you have to put pressure on, right?
it really doesn't matter, it will keep your hand strong of course, but your finger flexibility will go downhill.

I went to Prague for 4 days and the last day I found a music shop there, played a PRS Santana (not SE, but I'm not sure if it was fake or not, because I didn't like it...at all) and had terrible problems trying to reach my normal playing level...
I would just stretch my fingers and do some wide stretches on like a ruler or something. Gripmaster for strength and a ruler for stretching.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
i googled the gripmaster, but dont you guys think thats a little retarded? the reason you feel out of it after a long time of no guitar is probably cause you just lost your feel for it, and it really doesnt take that long to get it back--i dont think your muscles deteriorate fast enough to justify that kind of excercise (do you even use that much force while playing?).
You don't have a problem at all.

Stop pretending that not playing your guitar for 3 weeks will cause you to come out in a rash and develop a mild psychological disorder. Sure, you might get rusty, but you'll overcome this with what, ooh, 20 minutes practise?

I'm fed up of people pretending their guitar is part of them. Just don't do anything, have a good holiday, and stop trying to impress people with your constant desire to play guitar, which I know you don't have.

Have a nice trip
^yes, im so fed up about it too. it's all i think about! /sarcasm

how do u know he doesnt want to play everyday? maybe he's worked hard all summer and wants to keep it up.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Fine them. I'm sorry.

Last time I went on holiday I totally forgot how to ride my bike. I got on the thing and was like 'WTF!?'

And I'd been riding it all summer.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
You don't have a problem at all.

Stop pretending that not playing your guitar for 3 weeks will cause you to come out in a rash and develop a mild psychological disorder. Sure, you might get rusty, but you'll overcome this with what, ooh, 20 minutes practise?

I'm fed up of people pretending their guitar is part of them. Just don't do anything, have a good holiday, and stop trying to impress people with your constant desire to play guitar, which I know you don't have.

Have a nice trip

Did you wake up on the wrong side of your mother this morning?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I agree with the asshole, somewhat.
to get the gripmaster is a complete waste of time and money, only to make you look like an ****head who is trying to show off how much you love guitar.
**** that.

however, the acoustic is a good idea. the things are tiny, hell can even fit in your suitcase. not only will it help your fingers but itll be fun being able to pull out a guitar at you hotel room and play some acoustic riffs for your family. fun + excersize = go for it

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
Quote by Vornik
Did you wake up on the wrong side of your mother this morning?

Yes

to get the gripmaster is a complete waste of time and money, only to make you look like an ****head who is trying to show off how much you love guitar.
**** that.

Spot on
how do you know guitar isnt a part of him?...where i live there is nothing to do, so i play guitar for hours and hours a day, and it HAS become a part of me, its all i talk about, when im bored its the first thing that comes to mind, now i can barely go a day without playing, if i do go a day without playing then the next day as soon as im back at my house i pick up my guitar and jam (because the only reason i would go a full day without playing would be because i go to a friends house or something), but who are you to say that guitar isn't a part of someone?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Get yourself a ukelele! Then, by the time you get back from your vacation, you will have become UG's one and only Ukelele shredder.

Or, get a travel guitar. Here's a link to one;

http://www.washburn.com/products/travel/index.aspx

I like the look of the smaller one in the case. Plus it's cheap.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I've owned an ukelele since I was about 6 or 7 and it's an incredibly fun instrument
^And they're CHEAP! Like $20 for one and you've got hours and hours of fun.

Plus, Ukelele=Chick magnet.

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar

is there a ukelele club already on UG?!
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

I think so, but yea they are fun fun fun!
I have found the ideal ukulele for you!!!!

BTW : I believe it's ukulele, not ukelele.

or if you're really /\/\3t41 :
Last edited by JorisBlack at Jul 25, 2006,
that thing is awesome, i wish i could have gotten that instead of a normal acoustic looking uke
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Ukulele/ukelele...who cares. You get the idea.

And I've seen those flying V's. Very cool little buggers.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Yup, hell I might buy one some day lol!
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
how do you know guitar isnt a part of him?...where i live there is nothing to do, so i play guitar for hours and hours a day, and it HAS become a part of me, its all i talk about, when im bored its the first thing that comes to mind, now i can barely go a day without playing, if i do go a day without playing then the next day as soon as im back at my house i pick up my guitar and jam (because the only reason i would go a full day without playing would be because i go to a friends house or something), but who are you to say that guitar isn't a part of someone?

I can't complain. I don't see it myself but I'm not the kind to argue without reason.

Sorry guys
I actually agree with ClaptonWannabe. If you can not go three weeks without playing a stringed instrument you are mentally ill and should see a psychiatrist.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by JorisBlack
but the gripmaster is just something you have to put pressure on, right?
it really doesn't matter, it will keep your hand strong of course, but your finger flexibility will go downhill.

I went to Prague for 4 days and the last day I found a music shop there, played a PRS Santana (not SE, but I'm not sure if it was fake or not, because I didn't like it...at all) and had terrible problems trying to reach my normal playing level...

Lol, I went to prague this year as well...for 2 weeks and never found a guitar while there....until the last day when I found it just moments after it closed. I was irrate!
-Epiphone Riviera w/ Bigsby and Gibson 490r/498t combo
-Epiphone Es-333 Delonge Edition
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
Quote by E Daws
I actually agree with ClaptonWannabe. If you can not go three weeks without playing a stringed instrument you are mentally ill and should see a psychiatrist.

Yes! Clapton got sigged

As much as we agree I think we're in the minority buddy.