i was wondering if there are any kits for led's with everything included, and perhaps wired. like a kit with the switch, the wires, a couples of led's and the battery pack. Where could i find one? please help.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
So I doodled up a little doodlygram...

Is that clear enough?

Edit: Yeah I know 2.2k is red, red, red. Not red, black, red. Before anyone says anything!
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Jul 25, 2006,
seriously, do they make kits for these? and where would i find these parts if there wasn't a kit?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
Why would you need a kit for this? Its the easiest build. Just get wire, red LEDs, 2.2k resistors, a SPST switch, a 9v battery snap, and a 9v battery.

you can order off smallbearelec.com
where would one go about mounting these? i've never heard of this before
Quote by Wasted-Youth
I laugh at people that say "well my mac doesn't get viruses!" That's like bragging that nobody breaks into your shack and steals your lawn chair.

Quote by Yakult
I've got more faith in Michael Jackson safely babysitting my cousin, than I do in Windows.
are you people kidding? do you have no brain to think for yourself?

why would you want to just mount leds? its not an effect. its just leds. just put that together, drill led holes in a box and mount them.
really. don't buy a kit. they would only charge 10000000000x what it would cost from mouser or small bear.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Oh wow, u rock bigtime Jim! THANKS!

Whats that website to buy that kinda stuff again?

And can I hook up like 50 lights with like 3 9vs?

Is there a way I can make them revolve around or flash or do any cool effects?

Sorry for all the questions, im really excited.
Last edited by absinthe5765 at Jul 25, 2006,
http://www.smallbearelec.com/StoreFront.bok

You can hook up 50 LED's to one battery if you want. If they're all in parallel, like I've drawn. It'll probably eat that battery is like 10 seconds though.

Dunno about the effects.

Oh yeah, LED's have one leg longer than the other. The longer leg is positive, so that's the resistor/battery + leg.
These go to eleven...
Oh thanks. Any info on the scrolling/strobeing idea?

Oooo what if i make a pickgaurd out of 2 way mirror, so when theyre off it looks like mirror and when its on you it lights up the inside. Probably in some kind of shape.

Yes im very excited now.
Dammit. Damn those anti-n00bs.

And I figured like 50 would eat away the battery really fast, thats why I was hoping to hook up more than one... so I wouldnt have to change it as often. Is that possible?
Last edited by absinthe5765 at Jul 25, 2006,
Yeah, I believe if you wire each battery is parellel, it'll share the current between them, but still maintain the same voltage. I think
These go to eleven...
what would you use to attatch the actual led to wherever or whatever you're mounting it to? and do you think i could get these parts from radioshack?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
Drill a hole and glue it in, or you can get LED holders. Do what you want really.
These go to eleven...
i wanted to mount them around the pickup. and could i get the led parts from radioshack?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
i don't know about the switches, but again, could i get the led parts from radioshack?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
thanks
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
yeah, they do, but check online. they're gonna be way cheaper. if you need it, i've got a mouser catalog, and if you want a certain color, i could throw some part numbers at you.

EDIT:

red, green, blue, white, maybe yellow. that's it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by absinthe5765
Whats the name of the switches that are like, in my amp that u dont have to press hard. Like a footswitch only small and plastic?
such as this?
These go to eleven...
how many led's would it take to light up one pickup? (a humbucker)
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
Quote by absinthe5765
Oh wow, u rock bigtime Jim! THANKS!

Whats that website to buy that kinda stuff again?

And can I hook up like 50 lights with like 3 9vs?

Is there a way I can make them revolve around or flash or do any cool effects?

Sorry for all the questions, im really excited.

for 'flashy' effects, you'd need to make a 555 timer circuit of some sort.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
for 'flashy' effects, you'd need to make a 555 timer circuit of some sort.
Yeah I remember from year 11 Electronics. That was fun. I don't remember how to do it though, lol.
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
Yeah I remember from year 11 Electronics. That was fun. I don't remember how to do it though, lol.

damn, electronics was fun, even if i got an E

Quote by metaldud536

Hahaha, i remember making this board where lights flashed alternately, it was great fun, even though i scraped it with a B+
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
Snap!

Quote by metaldud536