hey guys, so i hav 220 dollars (canadian) to spend on effect pedals. wut do u guys suggest i buy? i currently hav no pedals so i wanna start a collection. so i wanna buy like the basic pedals to start off wit. thx!
delay and distortion are the most basic probably, maybe wah
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
buy a digitech whammy with that money man... its the single best pedal i have in my pedal collection.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
well, what kind of amp do you have? do you like your amps distortion channel and does it have a footswitch? cause if you have a good distortion channel and a footswitch you probably can get by without a distortion pedal. if you have a tube amp its good to get an overdrive pedal to push the tubes.

a lot of people really like the wah pedal, but personally i dont have one cause im not a huge fan. delay, chorus and compression are some basic effects that can give you a nicer sound. if you want something to get a bit crazier try a phaser or a flanger. it really depends on what music you play as to what will best compliment your style.
a BOSS DS-2
great for punk music.
and a wah pedal....cough*ibanez weeping demon*cough (its kinda the BEST)
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
i swear by boss pedals, IMO

built like tanks, sound good, sound great after modding
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
You can find a good wah for around $100 on ebay, try the Dimebag wah, Vox, or and Crybaby. With the extra $120 get a distortion pedal, or maybe save up another $30 and get the Boss OD-20, it has 22 different distortions.
^ hes in canadia, everythings so expensive up there he could probably hardly buy a ds1 :P

pretty much, give us more information.

but for a start on a collection, a wah almost never hurts.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
no i dont hav a footswitch and i dont like my amps distortion, well its not bad, but it sounds more like an overdrive than distortion, i want somthin heavier.