I ecently got an new Elcetric Guitar, and once everything is up and the vol's are turned up, "humming/buzzing" noise comes from the amp. while not playing any notes.

but the weird thing is that if i touch any of the steel on the guitar (ie, strings, tremelo bar, pickup selector) the buzzying goes away?

can anyone point me in the direction of why this is happeneing?
Is this a really loud hum or just the usual hum you get from your magnetic pickups?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
several things cause hum...but when the hum lowers if u touch metal sounds like there's a grounding problem in ur guitar.

how new is it, and what guitar type?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Are you using purely single coils on the guitar? If so, did you try the 2nd and 4th positions?

If not that, your guitar may not be grounded properly but if it's new, I doubt that.
mmmk.
its brand spanking new.. whats this grounding problem?

the hum isnt loud loud, but it is definatly noticable.
its when one of the grounding wires that runs thru the guitar is loose or missing.

like said, there are alot of things that cause hum.
so again type of guitar?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
If you have singles coils, just flip your switch to 2nd or 4th position to stop the buzz. Alternatively, turn off all your lights/computer monitors.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...