Ok so I need a distortion pedal that'll give me a really heavy tone for playing Metallica, Pantera, Maiden etc. I've used an MT-2 recently and I thought it was really good, but I was wondering if there's anything better on the market.

I'm not on any budget here, I just want a really good heavy distortion pedal for playing heavy metal.

My setup is a Marshall DSL 401 and an Ibanez RG1570.

Cheers.

I dont know if its better but a smashbox by ibanez will work.
"VANDALISM: Beautiful As A Rock In A Cop's Face."
Kurt Cobain
since you got that nice Ibanez Im gonna say get a line 6 distortion pedal to go with that. line 6's product is amazing. I would recomend it.
Dont get a distortion pedal. Get an overdrive and push your amp into metal territory. Check out the Maxon OD-9 or Ibanez TS-9
Quote by joining_heads
Dont get a distortion pedal. Get an overdrive and push your amp into metal territory. Check out the Maxon OD-9 or Ibanez TS-9

I have an overdrive pedal (TS808 screamer) and its not the sound I'm looking for in this case.

ps, I do quite like the screamer, but it wont do for playing metal, its good for other stuff.

have you tried the od on max and your amps gain on max?

youre taking a thousand dollar amp and using the distortion of a 150 dollar pedal.

find a more ballsy overdrive.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
i'd get an overdrive pedal.

or maybe an HBE big D distortion pedal. it's awesome. £250 though (about 350-400 euro).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
id get a mt-2 or a line 6 uber metal
theyre both great and the uber metal has a crapload of settings and is very versitile but mostly only for metal and HEAVY stuff
-jordan
i don't know if this is any good with your equipment but the death metal by digitech is great for REALLY HEAVEY stuff. and it's not to pricy.
Crank your amp and use the tubescreamer with a low gain setting.

It's all about the tubes.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I'm thinking a Boss SD-1, Maxon OD9, Ibanez TS9 or, if you're hell-bent on a disto pedal, the Metal Muff.