My current guitar is an Ibanez RG-320dx, which I got on ebay for 160$ shipped off of ebay, along with a 15$ Fender 15g frontman amp...

...and to justify myself I didnt want some cheap behringer pack that wouldnt hold up, I wanted a higher quality used quitar for about the same price, one that would last longer, well that was my theory.

And it worked out pretty well, I love my Ibanez, but that licenced floyd rose is such a pain to tune! AHHH drives me crazy... thinking finally its in tune...but damn, the rose isnt level... lol

Anywayz, for my next guitar...well I have about 1000$ to spend and I wanna buy new this time. But I have it narrowed down to two choices really...but open to any other suggestions.

At first I was gonna pull an angus young, and get a Epiphone SG, the one I saw at the store was about 800$, But then I played a Schecter C-1, and LOVE it. Those seymor duncan pickups where just sexy.

I also was gonna spend about 100-200$ on a new amp, maybe a peavy or a crate.

But I like a lots of genres of music. I love metallica, pantera, AC/DC, Van Halen, Hendrix, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Disturbed, Godsmack, Iron Maiden, and lets not forget about ozzy

thanks in advance!
Schecter Schecter Schecter Schecter Schecter Schecter Schecter

EDIT: I guess I should explain myself. I have a schecter C1-Classic and it's really nice. I'm fairly sure the quality will be better than the epiphone as well, though I could be wrong. The kneck is a bit thick but I got used to it pretty fast. The pickups are both wicked although they are both different, blah blah blah, you probably know the specs.

All that aside, they look and feel amazing, you won't be disapointed and you'd be hard pressed (IMO) to find a nicer looking guitar.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Last edited by Vornik at Jul 24, 2006,
If you go for the shecter then you will have more money to buy an amp + the shecter c-1 plays really well and sounds great so go for it
well the scheter is a good solid guitar and I don't think you would regret the purchase. However 100-200 won't get you an incredible amp, it could get you a decent one, but not that great. for that budjet, try to get a roland cube 30W.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
Ibanez Prestige RG1570....... 750 dollars, use the left over cash to get the pickups of your choice.

You got low end ibanez with a crap trem.

Prestige models come with Edge PRO trems, the best in the business baby.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
yea im really looking into the schecter now.
Im in college and in a dorm room most of the time. I dont need an amazing amp.

But no to the ibanez, im done with the floyd rose's for now. They are all going to take a while to tune just because of the mechanics of it. You raise the tension in one string, and it lowers all the others.

I wanna try some songs in Drop D, without having to spend an hour and a half on tuning
id say the schecter too. they really good guitars. they sound phenomenal for their price. if your only gonna spend 100-200dollars on an amp you probly wont be able to get anything really great. i dont have a suggestion on that one... but definetly go for the schecter college boy
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
+1 to the C-1

but if your gonna get a Cube 30 save a bit more up for the 60 with more options
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
i would spend more on amp..but that RGA is a very very beautiful guitar indeed..
Spend the money on a new amp (a GOOD one not some POS crate) and a trem block for your RG.

If your only problem with the RG is the trem, why not just block it off? Then, you'll love the guitar even more with your new amp that actually sounds good. I suggest you look at full tube combos.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I'm with the guy who said C-1 classic because I own one. Great quality, and in your price range.
Yea, the more I think about it, the more i think its meant to be, lol

Although I think the lack of a whammy bar might bring me down in the future. But then again i dont know if i would ever use it
AmpAmpAmpAmpAmpAmpAmpAmpAmpAmpAmpAmpAmpAmpAmp.

Get what I'm saying?
Good amp + Average Guitar > Bad amp + Good guitar.

Go with what Xenn said, and just block your trem.
Yea, but remember im in a dorm room, I want something that I could take outside and play and be heard well, and something I can be in the dorm room, and have it low enough not to bother anyone, but good enough for me to hear.

I was thinking a good solid 30 watt Marshall
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG30DFX-Combo-?sku=483188

Or maybe this cube
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-30-1x10-30W-with-COSM-and-EFX-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=480023

I went to a frat house a couple nights ago for a party, and this guy was playing, I cant remember the amp brand, but it sounded great, and it was like 25 watts
Don't get the MG

The Cube would be fine

EDIT: But I really would try and spend more money on the amp and get a tube.
go with the roland cube or one of those medium sized VOX amps, but for guitar, i'd go for the schecter rather than the epiphone SG, you could probably get a gibson SG special with the money though
DO NOT buy a Marshall MG. Those things are really, really low quality. Poor sound, unreliable, and very digital souning effects. I could go on for a while with all the problems I have with my MG50DFX, but it would take way too long to list them.

Trust me on this one. DO NOT buy an MG. No matter how good it may sound in the store, or how much you trust the Marshall name, don't buy an MG.

I really suggest you go for a trem block on your RG and get a really, really nice little tube combo. Even after buying the trem block and the small tube combo, you'll still have cash left over for whatever else you may want/need.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^ Why dont you take out the smiley face next to your MG

Threadstarter, trems ARENT JUST for divebombs man, thats the last of their purposes. FR's provide excellent sustained vibrato, that has alot more range when using your bar then just your average vibrato. Check out my signature link, i use my bar a whole ****load in that song for vibrato.......

Xenn, you heard it yet?
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
any suggestions for a 20-30 watt amp thats below 300$?

Also whats the difference between the Schecter C-1 Classic, and Schecter C-1 Plus?

it looks like the necks are different. But im not sure about anything else.
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
any suggestions for a 20-30 watt amp thats below 300$?

Also whats the difference between the Schecter C-1 Classic, and Schecter C-1 Plus?

it looks like the necks are different. But im not sure about anything else.

The Classic has REAL seymour duncans, 25.5 scale, and a thru-neck.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
thanks, that vine neck isnt exactly my style, but after playing that guitar i loved it all, lol

But now im thinking about a cube
something like
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-30-1x10-30W-with-COSM-and-EFX-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=480023

Good for my price range, and would fit in my dorm nicely, and be able to take it out and play outside with some friends if I needed to
Schecter will beat just about anything at that price. Seriously.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Another thing that ive noticed was that the classic has a Seymour Duncan JB (SH-4)
& Jazz (SH-2n), is this what I would need? Would it sound good with a distortion pedal?

But lately I have been listening to a lot of eric clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughn and i like it a lot.
schecter all the way.
i got my c-1 elite for $600..then you have more money for a better amp.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt