Im moving off to college this spring and i have 3 electrics, a fender mexican strat, a schecter c-1 plus, and a 92' Gison Les Paul studios with EMG's. These guitars will just sit around in their cases and collect dust. I was thinking about trading them all in for an Ibanez S series prestige, though im not sure which one. Do you think this is a good idea? If there are any other guitars worth mentioning that are good in that price range(1000-1500 USD) and worth mentioning plz do. Thanks for your help.
joshuaestock.com
I think college lasts 4(ish) years, and the guitars arent going anywhere. Don't do something you'll regret.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I wouldn't trade in any. Just bring one with you and leave the rest behind. A guitar won't go bad in a few years, no point in getting rid of them like that.
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
You will be losing so much money. Id rather have 3 guitars collecting dust then give them all away. Think of all the memories you'll be losing. Not to mention the Gibson is worth more than the Ibanez anyways.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
Sell them seperately on ebay, you'll get alot more than a trade in for 1 guitar.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
yea man, just take one with you, Not to mention youll probably be comming home for vacations and stuff so keep them around so when you come you get to play them.
Schecter C-1-XXX - Seymour Duncan Jazz/Invader
Schecter A-1 - EMG 81/81
Schecter S-1 - EMG 81/85
Titan Custom Fernandes Ravelle Style

Peavy G-150
Line 6 Spider II 30

Line 6 Constrictor
Digitech Death Metal Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
Sell 'em seperately.

I'd look into ESP/LTD if I were you... for 1500 you can definately get an ESP Eclipse... beautiful instrument.
haha
keep your guitars and take one with you. dont take your favorite cuz theres always a chance of you dumbass roomy breaking it
If I were you, I'd keep them at home. Especially that Gibby, I wouldn't trade that for an Ibanez, especially since it's worth more. If you must get rid of them, DO NOT TRADE. Sell them individually, you'll make a lot more money that way.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Ibanez S's are like $800 canadian, you'd be a fool to trade 3 guiatrs for one, or even 1 gibson for it.
^ He said ibanez S Prestige, and dependng on the model, the studio may not be worth more than it. But that is stupid to trade all 3 for it.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I don't get why people feel the need to take a huge loss and give up their gear when they go to college. College is only 4 years. And like another poster said, there are vacations in there that you'll go home during.

I suggest you keep your current guitars, and take one with you. Then, at the first vacation that you go home, switch it with one of the other two. Then, at the next vacation, take the third guitar instead of the other two. Just cycle them out. That way they're still being used and you aren't losing some great instruments.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
yeah youve got some good guitars, i wouldnt trade them (of course i wont even tradse my ****y guitars) but yeah esp keep that Gibson, itll be worth a whole lot eventually from a collectors standpont (even with the EMGs)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I would go for a decent America Strat, so that you have cash left over to get some really great pickups.
Moonchild of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join

Quote by PinkIsCool
UG- The only place where a heartwarming moment can easily be turned into an act of homosexuality and incest.

I think it's a terrible idea. A Fender or Gibson will outlive you, and they're a great investment. Then again, the Ibanez RGTs I've been looking at are pretty sexy...
Sell 'em all and buy a vintage Fender or Gibson. 1970's/80's LP's can be found for less than new ones and they sound and play a lot better.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
why would u get an ibanez juast keep em
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
you could probably get a good amount of money for each of those guitars... so I'd sell the one that i least liked and put that money towards that ibanez.
Ibanez RGA 121
Ibanez RG3EX1
Some sort of Marshall Stack
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Little POD thing

Plagued Paradise