I am thinking about picking up a Telecaster, but a lot of music I play demands 24 frets. Are there any tele necks that are 24 frets?
Nah if your using the same neck pocket the extra frets will cause the nut to be further away from the bridge.
^yes they would, which would make the scale length longer, so you then change the fret positions to compensate for the change in scale length. You should be able to do it...I think.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
^ I'm using two of those style fretboards on my double neck, and let me assure you, a 24 fret overhang will be far too long (it will probably half cover the neck pickup)
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Quote by Calum_Barrow
^yes they would, which would make the scale length longer, so you then change the fret positions to compensate for the change in scale length. You should be able to do it...I think.

Good point, thats the same way warmoths conversion necks work. but i doubt hes going to be able to buy a neck like that.
Just slapping on 25.5 neck wont work though.
^ I know that, but you wouldn't be able to fit 24 frets on because the neck pickup would be in the way. 22 frets, sure, but 24 frets, I don't think so.

I have a cheaper solution...Bend higher.

on a serious note, I think Fender might have one, but I'm not entirely sure. The Subsonic may. I'll check it out for you.
Long Live Rock

Be it dead or alive..

Founding Member of the Capital Punishment to people posting about Guns N Roses in the Classic Rock Forum Club. PM me to join.

a proudly scarred member of the Windmiller's Club