I'm completely self taught to this point, so I'm a little clueless when it comes to this.

I have an Epiphone Les Paul Junior. (Yeah crappy guitar, but it's all I can afford right now.)

A friend told me on short scale guitars such as a junior, the guitar is tuned differently, but that's about all he told me. Someone wanna help me out?
standard tuning for guitars is the same for all guitars, i have no idea what your friends talking about
Your friend's thinking about the tiny guitars, like the Epiphone Vee-Wee, and I'm pretty sure that those are tuned A on the 6th string and up from there. Or, he heard of smaller scale guitars, like 24 inch fretboards, instead of some longer scale ones that are 25 1/2 or so. There's no difference in tuning between the two.

Your guitar isn't bad. In fact, Peter Frampton played something like it.
Quote by capt_dammit
kaervek...you rock

Quote by guitardude34875
the genre of metal is like an apple, I prefer just the apple, not the applecore
maybe your friend is on acid and he thinks your playing a ukulele. you arn't a reincarnation of tiny tim are you???
First, LP Junior is a normal scale guitar and also short scale guitars are usually tuned to standard. They just need thicker strings.

Second, and more importantly, the thread is seven years old. Don't bump old threads.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115