Yea, so we got a new vocalist and i was wondering if the Prison Song by System of a down would be a good song to start him out with? We are going for that kind of sound...feedback?
I haven't heard the song, but I audition people by doing 3 things.

1. Have them learn the original songs of the band.

2. Have them learn a cover song.

3. Have them pick a song that best represents their style and have the band jam that with him.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
If you are a system style band, then that song should work. I usually do like the guy above me does, and i really listen to the song we wrote because you want someone who sounds good with your writing
Check out jayninevideolessons.wordpress.com
Online Video Guitar lessons, ebooks, and so on. This above blog is how you may contact me for more information, or email me at jayninelessons@gmail.com
Prison Song is kinda extreme...

I mean, it's something to shoot for but dont expect the guy to be able to sing like that right off the bat. Kudos if he can though.
Gear
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Fender Deluxe Reverb
Jaguar | Stratocaster | Telecaster | Jazzmaster
Quote by Dutch_Apples
I haven't heard the song, but I audition people by doing 3 things.

1. Have them learn the original songs of the band.

2. Have them learn a cover song.

3. Have them pick a song that best represents their style and have the band jam that with him.

yah deffinately ask him what his style is and stuff
Well he says he tries to sound like System and Disturbed....and thats what our band tries to sound like so he might be pretty good.
I agree with rhoads4ever; get him to learn an original during the same practice and see if he works because its one thing to copy someone's style but a very different thing to create your own and sound good
Our Planned Failure