I am a self taught guitarist...I've been playing about 2-3 years...I'm good enough so that I can just barely be called a real guitarist...I can play some pretty good songs, and some even sound better.

Thing is I can't afford lessons, because I am 16 and I live in an apartment with a friend. I have a job, but it's spent on rent and groceries.

I'm at the point where In order to accel I need some real help, and the lessons on UG aren't really enough for me as of now. Any idea where to go next?

Music is my passion, so I'd really like to go somewhere with it.
you live on your on at 16?
how did that happen?

learn more about theory online, learn to play jazz
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
stop paying for internet service and get lessons
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
Eh...I have a group of friends that I've been with half my life and plan to be with for the rest of it...Dad moved back to Chicago, I'm staying with them.
I'd say maybe pick up some books or something. But think about this, Jon Schaffer from Iced Earth moved to Florida from Indiana at age 16 to start a band, it works for some people.
Thanks Atrum. Yeah, as of now I've been doin' pretty good with simple power chords and overly memorized solos in my band...Just making it sound like I know more than I do when I play...But hey the book thing might work though.
theory, theory books, theory sittes.

once you know theory everything is clear

so yea

theory
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
Yeah man, as RHDIII said, knowing theory will make things just seem to fit.
Praise Theory. Build a small shrine from uncooked A-Grade macaroni and celeri, in a small room 4 feet wide and 5 feet across, and you shall recieve the knowledge of the ancients.

Also, like...books and stuff...yeah...
UG lessons don't work for you? are you that good? you better find a band, build a business (better yet, an EMPIRE) and start making $$$ to get lessons, buy books, equipment and other stuff related to music.
Quote by wasp2020
Praise Theory. Build a small shrine from uncooked A-Grade macaroni and celeri, in a small room 4 feet wide and 5 feet across, and you shall recieve the knowledge of the ancients.

Eheh. That, Wasp, was a beautiful example of perfect silliness. I praise your posting skills ^_^

Anyhoo, topic starter, have you exhausted the web completely?

www.freelicks.net
www.cyberfret.com
www.kristofersmethod.com
www.looknohands.com/chordhouse (not lessons, but scales and chord diagrams)

And of course the videos on this site by Kristofer Dahl and Pick N' Grin.

And, of course, theory theory theory. Once you can understand intervals, modes, progressions, scales and basic harmonies (IE chord triads), you've got all the stepping stones you need to build complete theory knowledge from.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
you can get some real cheap ass scale books and thoery books. look on ebay or other music websites. i havent done it myself but i'm sure u cud get books second hand and then theyd be even cheaper
Quote by wasp2020

ROFL, Sigged!
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
I watched a couple of Kristofer's example videos, and they look pretty good. Technique/bad habits is what I need to correct to improve.

Has anyone ordered his online program? Is it good? I know it's only $20, and has a money back guarantee, but just wanted to see what others thought first.