near the end of the song chop suey by System of a Down, what is the thing called that he uses that makes it sound like a piano. Also, what is the tab for that?
I think they actually use a keyboard in that one. You'll notice in some of their songs they have some Synth, or instruments that don't belong, and that's all thanks to a guy named Rick. But yeah, it's actually done on a keyboard.
for example, the intro of Chop Suey uses 2 guitars and a mandolin.
Quote by rebelmidget
your pubes are like the amazon rainforest and your body is planet earth. trim a little here and there and your life will be more comfortable
but cut down the whole damn forest and mother nature is going to cut you

It's a mandolin.

Quote by Les Apollo
I think they actually use a keyboard in that one. You'll notice in some of their songs they have some Synth, or instruments that don't belong, and that's all thanks to a guy named Rick. But yeah, it's actually done on a keyboard.

Don't belong? Hahah, it sounds awesome with that and how does it not belong? You know better than the band what instruments to use.. oh wait.
No I just meant it's not the standard instruments that a normal band would use, which is not, thank god, System.

I friggin' love System and the fact they use accordians, mandolins and everything else in the book is what makes them the best metal band out there.
its probably an added layer of Serj playing piano. he's the band's keyboardist as well was the lead singer.