Ok, So I've been having trouble learning similar solos that use certain licks. I don't know what my problem is, but its a method I'd like to add to my soloing ability. So, here is an example of what I have trouble learning:

|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-13-15b17b15p13----13-15b17b15p13----13---15b17b15p13----13--15b17b15p13----|
|----------------14----------------14------------------14-----------------14-|

That's Stairway to heaven. The parts quite fast for me and I'm having a hard time playing that in the same speed Page plays it.

So, besides practicing that a lot, can you guys give me tips and excercises on learning licks similar to the one above? I already know alternative picking, but i'm not too accurate with that and its tough for me to skip strings while alternative picking. So can you guys give me some tips and excercises to help me out?
Sent from my iPad.
I know you don't want to hear it but all you need to do is practice. don't feel bad for not being able to play this right away though, page is a ****ing guitar GOD, we can't all be as good as him right away.
Quote by david_highland
I know you don't want to hear it but all you need to do is practice. don't feel bad for not being able to play this right away though, page is a ****ing guitar GOD, we can't all be as good as him right away.

I was asking for some excersises and tips. I know practicing is what I should do, but some excersises would help me a lot. And of course I don't suspect to be good as Page, silly .
Sent from my iPad.
I like the fact that you called me silly, it's a very refreshing sort of insult compared to ass hole, or dick face, or some ignorant pissed off kid who's too cought up in rebelion to realize what non-conformity is realy about. You posted this a while ago so I can only asume you've gotten the info you were looking for, and if that's the case than good because I'm too lazy to type any sort of execises.
practice the lick repeatedly over a metronome. start out really really slow and make sure you get the spacing between each note spot on. then gradually increase the tempo until it's right. or you could do the same thing with power tab or guitar pro.