Page 1 of 15
What about them makes you hate them?

I think you hate them "Woah, they're expressing themselves! NOT ALLOWED. OMG FAWK OFF!"

And I dont think I've ever scene an Emo kid cry or cut themselves.

I mean, I dont care if you hate them, but at least have a valid reason like

"One time, when I was 14, an Emo kid ran up to me and took my candy. ****ING THEIVING EMO KIDS"

Not like:

"OMG PANTS THEY LIKE TO WEAR BUT I HATE THEM BECAUSE THEY DONT DRESS LIKE ME OMGz0rz!"
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"

*Reported*
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
Why did you report it?

It seems like a legit question he (or she) is asking.
Also seems like a thread that's done practically every day.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

because they breathe my air.

erm, maybebecause people hate trendfollowing, attention-seeking, ugly people who listen to garbage music.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
It can't really been seen as expressing one's self if they all act exactly the same way. Being Emo is a fad, you'll grow out of it.

Until then, just make sure you cut some holes in your ridiculously tight trousers so your legs can breathe.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
intolerance.
Quote by Pearson
Um. NIRVANA. I hope kurt dies. Oh wait, he killed himself already.
i dont know why people stereotype emos so much. most "emos" that i know dont cut themselves or think the world is depressing. its just a style that in some peoples opinions is good looking that goes along with a certain type of music(which is not all whiney sad ****). and btw im not "emo"
Quote by Smokey Amp
It can't really been seen as expressing one's self if they all act exactly the same way. Being Emo is a fad, you'll grow out of it.

Until then, just make sure you cut some holes in your ridiculously tight trousers so your legs can breathe.

as I said: intolerance. that makes YOU even worse.
Quote by Pearson
Um. NIRVANA. I hope kurt dies. Oh wait, he killed himself already.
Quote by Night_Lights
because they breathe my air.

erm, maybebecause people hate trendfollowing, attention-seeking, ugly people who listen to garbage music.

You probaly only hate them because of the trend to hate them.

Only a few of them are attention seeking, no more than if they weren't emo.

It's you're opinion if someone is ugly. And that's kinda impossible to say seeing as you havn't seen every single emo kid.

And I'm pretty sure allot of people would think the music you listen to is awfull.
Quote by TheAdict310
Why would you report him for being tolerant of other people?

*smacks forehead*

I DIDN'T! I reported this thread because it's just gonna turn into a flame fest like all 12514354562 other threads identical to this one!
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

I think if there were some originality people wouldn't have a problem with it. But when you have a million teeny boppers all dressing the same, with the eyeliner and nail polish and the "emo" haircut all in your eyes, you aren't being original.

That's called being a trendfag.
Because I dont feel the need to be politicaly correct and blindly accept everyone. I have my own opinion, and that is:

(In general)
1: All the music sucks
2: All the lyrics suck
3: All the fans are idiots

That's enough for me.
SIZE]
Well are you gonna hate them just because they dress like that?

I dress like that, but you know why?

Because I like it.

Not because Atreyu does, but because I ****ing like it.

have you ever thought that they might feel the same?

Well then people need to not turn the thread into a flame fest, and actually discuss the topic.

Edit: This was to apocalypse13, I didn't know 3 people posted above me.
they act sad to act sad. not because they are really sad or have a reason to be. they just want people to think they are. and a lot of them are snobby assholes who act like the newest emo band is the greatest band in the world and they write the stupid lyrics everywhere and are closeminded and think that everything else sucks and everyone else is stupid. They like to dance like retarded monkeys on ether. Everything about them is just annoying and stupid and arrogant. It is a lame fad like boy bands and jelly bracelets. In a few years they will hate the bands they worship now.
I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger......a man on the move and just sick enough to be totally confident.

Quote by Hexagram
Oh and Zeke, i find you to be over-rated
the reason I don't like MOST emo kids is because they are fake they're just going along with the fad of being totaly hopless and misserible, but I know not all emo people are like that. I know that there are allot of people that do feel like they don't have a hope in the world though, just so you know I'm not stereotyping anyone. I do hate emo music though. It's not about Ohio it's all about Iowa Maggots.
If you're emo, fine.. whatever. I personally don't like the whole thing at all. I'm all for expressing yourself, you really should. I hate the whole emo look. I also hate how SOME emo kids take everything so seriously, it's pathetic. You can't judge all of them on a few kids though. It is becoming a huge trend, and you see a lot of kids that suddenly turn gothic or emo over something stupid, when 3 weeks ago they were listening to britney spears. If you're emo, be yourself... I don't like it, but you probably don't like all the things I do either.
Quote by Darkrunner
I think if there were some originality people wouldn't have a problem with it. But when you have a million teeny boppers all dressing the same, with the eyeliner and nail polish and the "emo" haircut all in your eyes, you aren't being original.

That's called being a trendfag.

How about all you metalheads with the gross long greasy hair and beard thing going on.

Call that original.

And maybe they where the stuff cause they like it, not to be original.

Quote by JohnnyNapalm
Well are you gonna hate them just because they dress like that?

I dress like that, but you know why?

Because I like it.

Not because Atreyu does, but because I ****ing like it.

have you ever thought that they might feel the same?

There's nothing wrong with how they dress...other than it's becoming another mind numbing trend but MOST of them do cut themselves and almost purely for attention. Where I live it's like all the rich kids have decided to part their hair and cut themselves. People with REAL problems suck it up unlike these so called Emo pussies who go cry and use their tears to wash away the blood from their razor wounds. They brag about their cutting and their depression like someone's gonna give them a medal for their pain. Another thing is the music. It's like they're trying to be punk but they dont have the balls. They almost all sound the same with the screamo and chick like vocals. Also most of those bands are corporate sell-outs. THAT is why I hate emo kids.
Well I dont like emo music... but that's my opinion.

A lot of the emo kids I know are just emo because it's a fad that anyone can get into. Not just anyone can go "prep" or whatever but it's pretty damn easy to go emo. The sad thing is some of these kids are rich out of their asses and have no right to be so sullen.

EDIT: ^Actually that's about it
Gear
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Fender Deluxe Reverb
Jaguar | Stratocaster | Telecaster | Jazzmaster
Quote by WrathofKahn
Well I dont like emo music... but that's my opinion.

A lot of the emo kids I know are just emo because it's a fad that anyone can get into. Not just anyone can go "prep" or whatever but it's pretty damn easy to go emo. The sad thing is some of these kids are rich out of their asses and have no right to be so sullen.

Cause all emos are like this kid
Uhm because they don't know what Emo really is...They believe and most of the people that hate Emo also believe that emo is about being sad and hating yourself.

Anyway, emo's dead, and just like punk, these kids are dancing on their graves.

Let's update, "Kill the DJ, burn the disco," to "Kill the VJ burn Panic! At The Disco!"
Why do I hate emo kids?

They don't appreciate what they have: a roof to live under, food, water, limbs, fingers, and Internet access to post their stupid whinings about how they didn't get that car they wanted for Christmas on their Myspace page.
Epiphone Dot Studio
Peavey Valve King 112 (w/ Eminence Texas Heat)
Digitech Hot Head
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95
Elixir .010-.052
Quote by Paddles
Why do I hate emo kids?

They don't appreciate what they have: a roof to live under, food, water, limbs, fingers, and Internet access to post their stupid whinings about how they didn't get that car they wanted for Christmas on their Myspace page.

ha yeah, exactly
Quote by maogall
Uhm because they don't know what Emo really is...They believe and most of the people that hate Emo also believe that emo is about being sad and hating yourself.

Anyway, emo's dead, and just like punk, these kids are dancing on their graves.

Let's update, "Kill the DJ, burn the disco," to "Kill the VJ burn Panic! At The Disco!"

Are you saying punk's dead? And if you are, explain where the hell you came up with that.
Quote by toolfan_121
Emo kids are posers, and they suck.

WOAH

that's logic working there!
Gear
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Fender Deluxe Reverb
Jaguar | Stratocaster | Telecaster | Jazzmaster
Quote by toolfan_121
Emo kids are posers, and they suck.

What an intelligent contribution we have here!
Yeah I have scene Whiney Emo kids, but my best friend is emo as hell, and she's one of the happiest and most thankful people I know.

haha I hope someone sees the pun in there....
i'm sort of emo/goth-ish, but i hate emo music (depends what you consider emo...). thats the only thing i hate of "emo". i don't act all sad much, i just have a big temper. if wearing black and having some problems means your an emo, we mostly all are (if you wear black).
Quote by Paddles
Why do I hate emo kids?

I AGREE COMPLETELY. Now I shall tell a tale... one time I organized a gig, and I invited some bands that are my friends, and most of them play metal or hardcore, and one of my bands plays classic rock and the other emo .

And before the show I was talking to my friends (the guys from the other bands) and they asked my band what kind of music did we play, and all of my bandmates (emos) got all nervous and said something along the lines of "post-hardcore, alternative, indie, postpunk" something REALLY stupid. And I just said "We play emo" and I was the only guy that wasn't wearing girl pants, tight shirt or a hair patch. Everything was fun and the show was great, but it to this day I remember that. When they meet a girl or another emo they say "Hi, I'm emo and I'm in an emo band" but then they get scared. wtf???
Last edited by watchingmefall at Jul 25, 2006,
Quote by blaarg
What an intelligent contribution we have here!

It wasn't meant to be intelligent. It was just a very simple statement.
You are not a slave...